Like Tree0Likes

Jason Preistly wrecks Indy car: let's hope this is the last of this.

Old 08-12-2002, 09:55 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: Batboat, 38 Scarab Thunder, 16 Sidewinder, 27 Magnum

cant argue with that Too Old

contagious, chris's boats are how one gets into powerboat racing. through proper istruction in an entry level class that offers the excitement of offshore racing in the safest possible equiptment. packinair and i did that poker run in some pretty rough conditions an it took about 30 seconds for us to become "driver and throttle man", the learning curve is pretty fast for the motivated. the one design class is also a bit more of a controled environment where all the boats are equally matched which also leads to a safer event. its a drivers race, lotsa fun too.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:24 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

My Boats: 1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454

I agree with TooOld. He has more car racing experience then most of us have boat experience. I will be the first to take him up one side and down the other about his boat driving skills however that has NOTHING to do with his car driving skills. I talked to people today that have raced against him in cars and they all say he is a good driver and wants to win. They say he is a lot stuck up but I guess that can happen when you are in his situation. I like to think it would not happen to me but I guess I never know. Anyhow the guy is messed up something horrible. We did not make fun of good old #3 when he went into the wall did we????
Old 08-13-2002, 08:06 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

My Boats: Back on the dock!!!!!!!

Audio you stuck up bastawd...blah, blah, blah

I agree with you though because pushing the envelope and riding that fine line it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.....

Last edited by sean stinson; 08-13-2002 at 08:45 AM.
Old 08-13-2002, 08:47 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Now now Stinson don't get all pissy because I beat ya to it LOL

Old 08-13-2002, 08:58 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Audiofn
Now now Stinson don't get all pissy because I beat ya to it LOL

It's only because you still have a "Stream" and I don't anymore. What kind do you have anyway?????
Old 08-13-2002, 09:13 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

I do not own it any more but I keep a close tab on were it is and I always have my hand in the sale. I keep first right of refusal on all its resales. It was a 15 foot Viper with a 150XS powerhead and covers. The midsection is shortened. It ran a honest 80mph before the guy blew the motor up last weekend. With the 115 that we put back on it, we still gave a outerlimits a show the other day AIRTIME!!!!!!! THe guy that owned it broke the jesus christ bar and I had to show him about holding the seat with your arm btwn your legs
Old 08-13-2002, 09:29 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Audiofn
I do not own it any more but I keep a close tab on were it is and I always have my hand in the sale. I keep first right of refusal on all its resales. It was a 15 foot Viper with a 150XS powerhead and covers. The midsection is shortened. It ran a honest 80mph before the guy blew the motor up last weekend. With the 115 that we put back on it, we still gave a outerlimits a show the other day AIRTIME!!!!!!! THe guy that owned it broke the jesus christ bar and I had to show him about holding the seat with your arm btwn your legs

The one I had the most fun with an 18' Viking or maybe it was the 17' 9" V-King had the beek nose with concave deck and wings that swept off back. It had a 2.4 Merc on it and hauled balls.

First boat I ever blew over backwards........oops
Old 08-13-2002, 09:36 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Hey the scarry thing is you say first LOL I liked you annalogy of getting hit by the boat knowing what a bug feels like being hit by a fly swatter

My buddy has a Vollero with a 225 on it runs about 85 or so. The trasome just ripped off it last week so it has to go to the shop. We ripped out the floor and put in high density foam. It is real fast now. The problem is that they floor made the boat more ridged and so went the transom.

The V-king is the same boat that I have only with the beak on it. They run like the devil don't they I miss mine
Old 08-13-2002, 10:01 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2009 FORMULA 292

I agree with Too Old. Racing is an inherently DANGEROUS sport, whether it is one the water, asphalt or dirt. Look at all the great drivers that have had wrecks in both practice or race scenarios.

Jealousy is a terrible thing. All to often when people are jealous of another's success, they become excessively critical. I wish Jason all the best in a fast and complete recovery and I hope he can continue to pursue his racing desires.

Shane
Old 08-13-2002, 10:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: boatless

MrOffshore
well reported, and well said.
I started that other thread with the news of Jason's crash and then have been following the reports on CNN and this board.
There are always going to be a variety of opinions on every aspect of this.
I happened to be in New Jersey when the NYC/SBI race was happening that Jason raced in Planetman. Around the pits at that time he was always polite to anyone who spoke to him and seemed to just want to be one of his team. Same attitude at the parties I got to and never saw the a-hole personality other people are describing.......
same in Miami last year - (before the race of course) where those shots in the pits were taken.
Just my honest $.02
J.