Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain 29 Fever - Poker Run - long distance.. >

Fountain 29 Fever - Poker Run - long distance..

Notices

Fountain 29 Fever - Poker Run - long distance..

Old 01-23-2014, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Hey there is a 2010 33 fountain lightning for sale with 496s on ebay. 99000 Obo. It's in Italy so shipping might be easier for you. Just a thought
Old 01-23-2014, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Hey there is a 2010 33 fountain lightning for sale with 496s on ebay. 99000 Obo. It's in Italy so shipping might be easier for you. Just a thought
Do you have a link..
Old 01-23-2014, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here you go

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOUNTAIN-33-...wer_Motorboats
Old 01-23-2014, 05:52 PM
Registered

Very nice, I believe that paying $70k would be ok for that one....
Old 01-23-2014, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Get the biggest, tub you can tow around, if you need to tow it, and sounds like you will be dragging it around. As far as speed, don't worry about it, unless you want to go 125+ most will get you to the upper 70's low 80's and that's fine for all the Poker Runs. Everyone wants top end and everyone uses top end for about 2 minutes. (including me.. lol) But let's face it, you will hardly use full throttle and probably for short bursts. Buy something reliable, something that takes rough waters well. I rather you get a boat that can run 70's in chit and have a top end of 80, then get a boat with top end at 88+ in smooth seas and you will be scared stiff in the rough seas. I wont comment on what boat "not" to buy here, I get lynched... Take advice from boaters that KNOW boats not from the one that they like "their" boat just because that's what they have. No matter what you get, any boat is a compromise of one thing or another.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:38 PM
Registered

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...ever-101881687

This is the 29 I would buy if I was in the market

Bryan
Old 01-23-2014, 07:48 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

With your length limitation, I'd be looking at boats without the molded in swim platforms. ( ex: Fountain vs Active Thunder) You'll get more wet surface, better ride, more cockpit space.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
With your length limitation, I'd be looking at boats without the molded in swim platforms. ( ex: Fountain vs Active Thunder) You'll get more wet surface, better ride, more cockpit space.
Yes that's also a thing to have in mind, is the bow design on a fountain also a part of the full lenght....?
Old 01-24-2014, 09:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Get the biggest, tub you can tow around, if you need to tow it, and sounds like you will be dragging it around. As far as speed, don't worry about it, unless you want to go 125+ most will get you to the upper 70's low 80's and that's fine for all the Poker Runs. Everyone wants top end and everyone uses top end for about 2 minutes. (including me.. lol) But let's face it, you will hardly use full throttle and probably for short bursts. Buy something reliable, something that takes rough waters well. I rather you get a boat that can run 70's in chit and have a top end of 80, then get a boat with top end at 88+ in smooth seas and you will be scared stiff in the rough seas. I wont comment on what boat "not" to buy here, I get lynched... Take advice from boaters that KNOW boats not from the one that they like "their" boat just because that's what they have. No matter what you get, any boat is a compromise of one thing or another.
Super, I'm about to be on the right track when it comes to speed, hull lenght, reliable engines etc...
Old 01-24-2014, 09:34 AM
Registered

Default stepped hull

I was once explained that a normal hull design is better and more stable in rough sea than a stepped hull..??...It does make some sence to me but in the other way most modern offshore race boats comes with a stepped hull....??...

Last edited by MultiHull; 01-24-2014 at 12:09 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.