Notices

How about a movie like the Fast and Furious but with Offshore boats instead

Old 02-11-2014, 12:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Keytime
For the sake of discussion...

When I think of great car movies, I think of Vanishing Point and Two Lane Blacktop. I find F&F a bit cheesy.
I do realize that the former aren't mainstream hits like the latter, so if drumming up widespread interest in boating is your objective, then something more F&F-based is probably the better choice. Ugh.
However, I would prefer more of a purist type of movie with some more depth to it and great cinematography that brings out that true feeling we get in our boats. I don't think finding a great storyline would be impossible. Think movies like The Fighter or The Wrestler where the characters have real depth (just ideas... I'm sure there are better examples).
If, like F&F, the a boat movie ends with the good guys launching off a rogue wave and onto the deck of the villain's boat to save the day, I'm probably gonna throw up a little bit in my popcorn.
Hell, even something comedic like what Hot Dog: The Movie did for skiing would be better. The flick had funny lines, great ( . )( . ), and threw some badazz skiing on top of it. A cult classic for boating wouldn't hurt as long as the real boaters dug it.

JMO!
To say that movie had an effect on me would be an understatement.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 02-11-2014, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We all looked forward to seeing the Miami vice movie only to be disappointed by an endless list of reasons . , The movie dose not have to be spot on correct to the satisfaction of the purest , but something would be better than nothing . . It dose not have to follow a F&F style plot .
For car movies , I most enjoyed Hollywood Knights . That movie was fun and had plenty of fast cars . But what ever the plot line is it is someplace where some of the marine industry profession can pool there resources and help themselves to the increase in popularity that this movie might bring. A velocity a skater a mystic and Hardin marine Keith Eickert would all benefit from the attention a movie would bring to boating.
After that James Bond movie [ live and let die] those Glastrons sold like hot cakes . , and that movie was about James Bond not boating . A good movie with boats is way overdue
Old 02-11-2014, 01:10 PM
Registered

Default my favorie car movie

hollywood kknights

http://www.youtube.com/movie/hollywo...?feature=mv_sr
Old 02-11-2014, 03:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that I think a little more about this, I think a potentially great movie could follow a story similar to that of the Still Crazy Velocity resurrection. Talk about an inspirational flick. Perhaps carry the movie further to have the next generation race the boat. Could be done well if done right by the right people.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:30 PM
Registered

Here's some other ideas I thought of to have it like the origanal Gone in 60 Seconds movie that came out in 1974. Have it where the main character steals boats and tries to avoid the law. The other could be like the Cannonball run movies. Have it take place on the east coast and race along the eastern shores on the Atlantic Ocean. This last one might sound cheesy but have it similar to the Wraith. Originally a boater gets killed by a group of racing boaters. He comes back to life and races each of them and takes them out one by one. The main character who comes back to life has a black canopied Fountain with tinted windows on it. Just a thought.

Last edited by Captain Nick; 02-11-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
Not to mention the general public considers the boats and events
such as poker runs as a rich mans game..
There is really no way to portray it in a movie without reinforcing that..
you could have a bunch of old bayliner capris and searay open bows with honda power and big NOZZZZZZZZZZZZZ in them and open dry fart piper exhaust going through a "built up" TRS drives throttled and steered by flat bill hatted and baggy panted mush moufed douchers that spend more time fighting and breaking down and sinking than actually "racing" their boats.....stickers and decals galore for "speed"

while the concept and idea to get the sport popular again is a good one the real issue is as others have said a real performance boat cost a great deal more to build own and operate VS a 10 year old fart pipe honda and it takes much more skill to not be some loser on the lake killing themselves and others

also fast and furious did as much or more to kill real street racing by getting all the dude brahs, their moms souped up mini-van, their fat loud moufed GF and their **** talking loser friends with $100 to "throw down" on the race out there drunk and fighting and making an ass of themselves and getting the general public pissed off and the cops brought out when someone got shot over a "fixed" race when someone hid their NOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ and then whipped the other cars ass when they "sprayed" much less when they hit the mediam and flipped or ran into a mini-van of a family of 5 on the way home

let the fast and furious types stick to what thy do best and that is spin spins on their wave runner and crash into each other and the shore in their seadoo jet boat pile of clorox bottle piece of crap......you don't want them within 1,000 miles of anything that is still enjoyable

now if you sold jet skis and wave runners and crappy "jet boats" for $350 a month for 120 months w/ $10,000 down a movie called "The Spun and Spinning and Drunk and Stupid" would probably blow sales through the roof especially if you had a NOZZZZZZZZZZZZ kit to add to them and a fart pipe and AZN writing stickers or maybe even a turbo kit or a super charger
Old 02-13-2014, 11:41 PM
Registered

May be we started off on the wrong foot by making mention of those Fasr And Furious movies , Thet are a little far fetched, . Thais dose not negate the intrest that a movie could bring to power boating . Movies with subject mattersof much less mass appeal have come to theathers and made money , yes they may have not been cinema classics but they did make money .
I feel that ifthe marine industry pooled their reasources to back a fim project the returns would be great. . Powerboating seems like it has an uphill struggle , I have seen poker runs go from 170 boats to less than 25 boats over a few short years . These events were big productions and still they came to there demise. Boat manufacturers have disappeared and just look at the Miami boat show , It is not what it use to be . . YesI know that there are lots of factors that have mounted to hamper the boating pursuits such as the economy and gas prices . A movie is a tool or a mode of transportation that can work for us and move us in the right direction if handeled correctly .

A lot of decitions today are made by bean counters . I think that the Bean counter that are chief of the marine industry sould look at a exciting boating movie to help move their industry
Old 02-14-2014, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TexasVines
you could have a bunch of old bayliner capris and searay open bows with honda power and big NOZZZZZZZZZZZZZ in them and open dry fart piper exhaust going through a "built up" TRS drives throttled and steered by flat bill hatted and baggy panted mush moufed douchers that spend more time fighting and breaking down and sinking than actually "racing" their boats.....stickers and decals galore for "speed"

while the concept and idea to get the sport popular again is a good one the real issue is as others have said a real performance boat cost a great deal more to build own and operate VS a 10 year old fart pipe honda and it takes much more skill to not be some loser on the lake killing themselves and others

also fast and furious did as much or more to kill real street racing by getting all the dude brahs, their moms souped up mini-van, their fat loud moufed GF and their **** talking loser friends with $100 to "throw down" on the race out there drunk and fighting and making an ass of themselves and getting the general public pissed off and the cops brought out when someone got shot over a "fixed" race when someone hid their NOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ and then whipped the other cars ass when they "sprayed" much less when they hit the mediam and flipped or ran into a mini-van of a family of 5 on the way home

let the fast and furious types stick to what thy do best and that is spin spins on their wave runner and crash into each other and the shore in their seadoo jet boat pile of clorox bottle piece of crap......you don't want them within 1,000 miles of anything that is still enjoyable

now if you sold jet skis and wave runners and crappy "jet boats" for $350 a month for 120 months w/ $10,000 down a movie called "The Spun and Spinning and Drunk and Stupid" would probably blow sales through the roof especially if you had a NOZZZZZZZZZZZZ kit to add to them and a fart pipe and AZN writing stickers or maybe even a turbo kit or a super charger
Hell yeah! This is the best rant I've read all year! Nice work TV!