Notices

GOPRO video settings

Old 02-09-2014, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GOPRO video settings

Got the GOPRO for Christmas and have been playing with it some. So I was courious what settings you have been using to capture some of the cool video ?? There are several different modes and settings. Which yeilded the best results under what conditions ??: THANKS
Old 02-09-2014, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

I have been messing with mine a bit and seem to get pretty good results using the 1080 medium width. I it's all in what you're trying to accomplish. The wide angle captures a lot but makes everything look far away. I really won't know till I get it on the boat and mess with angles and locations. Hope to get some great video this summer!
Old 02-09-2014, 03:28 PM
Registered

I just bought mine a few weeks ago. I was going to start the same thread. Sorry I have no answers but I hope someone with some experience can give some tips....... And yes I too hope for some good video this summer......
Old 02-09-2014, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This could be a great thread! Subscribed.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:49 PM
Registered

Here are a few suggestions:

When recording fast action (and especially if you're recording things like wakeboarding), set your GoPro to record at 120 frames per second at 720p, rather than 30 fps or 60 fps at 1080p, if you expect to slow down any of your footage during playback. By doing so, your slowed-down playback will be much, much smoother. You may think you're giving up a lot by shooting at 720 instead of 1080, but unless you're watching on a big screen television, you'll never really notice the difference. (That's even more true when viewing on a computer monitor.) The quality will still be excellent at 720.

Take advantage of your GoPro's photo capabilities and make some interesting timelapses to add to your videos. For example, about 30 minutes before sunrise (if you're an early riser) or sunset, point your GoPro toward the rising or setting sun, set the photo interval to five seconds, and let the camera do its job. It will be even more dramatic if there are some low-level clouds moving through the scene. It's really quite easy to do, and timelapses are almost always visually interesting.

If you can, don't rely on just your GoPro for footage. Many inexpensive point-and-shoot cameras, for example, have high-definition video capabilities, and their ability to zoom in to get close-ups just isn't possible with GoPro's. If you don't have a point-and-shoot, your smartphone or tablet computer might do it.

Finally, please, please, PLEASE don't simply stick your GoPro on one spot on your boat and post on YouTube a five-minute video of the footage you captured from that one angle. After 15 seconds, it gets boring, after 60 seconds, it's painful to watch, and after two minutes, you'll prefer to be waterboarded than to watch the rest of the video. (It also guarantees that no one will ever watch the video a second time.) Take the time and effort to get footage from as many angles as possible, including pointing it at the passengers onboard. It'll make for a much more interesting video that you'll enjoy for years to come.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

My wife just bought me a hero 3 black edition. Really amazing the technology in this device. Looking for all the right settings and also what are the best mounts to buy for the boat. Subscribed
Old 02-10-2014, 05:03 PM
Registered

Thought about sticking it on the car and just driving around the neighborhood.....
Old 05-15-2014, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone have any more advice?
Old 05-15-2014, 07:26 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
Anyone have any more advice?
Yeah turn the camera off when you get back to the dock and you start cussing your wife for turning off a good damm song. Sucks when your douchebaggery gets caught on camera.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
This could be a great thread! Subscribed.
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.