Reggie & Reggie Considering Raising the Kilo V-Bottom Record >

Reggie & Reggie Considering Raising the Kilo V-Bottom Record

Notices

Reggie & Reggie Considering Raising the Kilo V-Bottom Record

Old 02-10-2014, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChrisL
I would rather see the OL vs fountain race with stock power to see which hull is actually faster with same horsepower. Then let them go crazy and attempt kilo. record with what ever power they want.
Rumor on the old inner web is OL's bottom is a very very close design to a Fountain 42.....
Old 02-10-2014, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
I really hope they go head to head this time. The story of the "mechanical failure" kills me. At that time, the fountain factory prob had about 20 of everything in stock that could have failed mechanically on that OL, and the man power to fix it in an hour. Reggie is cocky, but I know he would have assisted to get that boat back in the water.
Totally agree. I mentioned earlier how Regg offered the fountain factory so Ol could fix there boat. But Fountain didn't stock those mysterious speed parts that makes Ol's so fast.... So fast we never even seen it run.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Donzi ZX
Here's the latest thoughts from Reggie III, about the Kilo V-Bottom World Record:

https://www.facebook.com/HammerDownBoating
Before this became public knowledge, (and the recent press release), I personally called Mr Reggie Fountain to discuss the plans for this OL Kilo event. He was very professional, and concerned about everyone's safety , execution and strategy.

Mr Fountain, has been a friend for over a decade, and has made major contribution to boating performance and safety. We spent an hour on the the phone, discussing and celebrating the past, and ultimately agreed that it would not be long before another V bottom team(s) would shape the future.

"Doc" Janssen
Denver
Old 02-10-2014, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisL
I would rather see the OL vs fountain race with stock power to see which hull is actually faster with same horsepower. Then let them go crazy and attempt kilo. record with what ever power they want.
That has already been done. All boats ran 500's
( 20 plus boat fields too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU6fVpZTap8

Last edited by mcprodesign; 02-10-2014 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:07 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
That has already been done. All boats ran 500's
( 20 plus boat fields too)
Correction:
All boats ran power that looked like 500's.
And down went Factory Class racing.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like how some boats have "world Champion" in their logo and Fountain is The worlds fastest world champion and they all just say Fountain on the side
Old 02-10-2014, 11:21 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Saratoga Stamped
Before this became public knowledge, (and the recent press release), I personally called Mr Reggie Fountain to discuss the plans for this OL Kilo event. He was very professional, and concerned about everyone's safety , execution and strategy.

Mr Fountain, has been a friend for over a decade, and has made major contribution to boating performance and safety. We spent an hour on the the phone, discussing and celebrating the past, and ultimately agreed that it would not be long before another V bottom team(s) would shape the future.

"Doc" Janssen
Denver
Based on your "poker run racing"......what the heck do you guys know about safety? Sheeez!
Old 02-11-2014, 12:51 AM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
I like how some boats have "world Champion" in their logo and Fountain is The worlds fastest world champion and they all just say Fountain on the side
Ya really, tell me about it!! Haha
Old 02-11-2014, 01:17 AM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

All I've got to say is- Fountain Go kick some OL tail
Old 02-11-2014, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't the OL a lot lighter than the older fountains? I have heard that the OL is up to 2000 lbs lighter at the same length. That is huge to over come. In factory racing the wight limits kept everything level.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.