Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Bravo to Arneson Conversion? >

Bravo to Arneson Conversion?

Notices

Bravo to Arneson Conversion?

Old 08-20-2002, 08:30 AM
onemomoto

My 2 cents.I had arn. on my 24 elim. cat,smoked bearings twice so bad they welded to the shaft big big money every time they broke .Boat went76.5 on GPS 500hp i couldnt get the thing to go fast,tryed 5 diff. props etc. Put a new bravo on in 98 yes arn to bravo 1 ,because were the engine was i had a very low X like 6" to low for todays standards.The arn. & trans. sit in the corner of my garage now. My first run 1;36 ,26 pitch went 81.5 on gps ,the boat was higher in the nose,but not as good in the 3-4 footers,i stuffed it once with the new set up.I would like to her anyone elses comparison .

Old 08-20-2002, 01:43 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much do you want for the arneson and tranny sitting in your garage collecting dust???
Old 08-20-2002, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

onemomoto, is your drive an in-line or a Drop Box Model?

Sounds like the gears were just installed backwards.
Old 08-20-2002, 09:04 PM
onemomoto

The unit is a drop box. The trans went to a friend & the rest is now junk int. damaged, rust,loose races,etc.

Old 08-20-2002, 09:31 PM
1975 X-18 Donzi, Arneson
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

I switched from a Volvo to an Arneson ASD6. 18 Donzi run's 100+ now!! I couldn't run 70 mph with out chime walk before, now she drives like she's on rails. Rik at Arneson can help with the set up. The set up and rigging, CG, prop, ect is important.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/gallery/...=1505&size=big

Last edited by GEOO; 08-20-2002 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-20-2002, 09:38 PM
blackhawk

onemomoto, you are the only person I have ever heard having problems with an arneson. You are also the only person I have ever heard of that went slower with an arneson. Something tells me there were other problems there.

WWW TOPDJ COM, I too would love to see the price come down. But, like I said in my post, it's not that expensive when you compare apples to apples.

New "strong" Bravo(if there is such a thing) $4-5000
Complete dual ram hydraulic steering - $3-4000
There's up to $9000 right there for a "strong" bravo and steering. Now, you can pull the entire gimbal housing and sell that for ???? Maybe $2000. So, if you could sell your gimbal housing for $2000 you would have $13,000 invested vs $9000 for a bravo setup. $4000 for a bulletproof package with more speed? Hmmmm, doesn't sound bad to me. That's one broken bravo. How many of you 600+ guys have broken those "strong" bravos?

I was seriously considering it when my Blackhawk was being rebuilt. But it was the middle of the summer so I didn't. Plus I didn't think my insurance company would be very cooperative.

Old 08-21-2002, 02:54 PM
FRANKIEFRANKIE

Default SURFACE DRIVE

I WOULD WANT A SURFACE DRIVE THAT TRIMS AND HAS RUDDERS. EVEN TWO RUDDERS IN THE SINGLE APPLICATION. I WOULD WANT A PROPELLER PROGRAM THAT MY FIRST PROPELLERS ARE GUARANTEED. I WOULD WANT A PLATFORM, STEERING, THAT WAS PART OF THE DRIVE, AND ONE THAT WOULD AT BOUYANCY INSTEAD OF WEIGHT AND ALLOW FOR LOWER PLANNING SPEEDS. AND THEN I WOULD WANT A FIVE YEAR WARRANTY. YOU MIGHT WANT TO LOOK AT WWW.PULSEDRIVE.COM. ALSO, IT DOES NOT THRUST ON THE TRANSOM CAUSING THE VIBRATION THRU THE BOAT AND IT DOES NOT HAVE RUBBER BEARINGS OR COUPLINGS.

I HAVE A 22'ACTIVE THUNDER WITH A STOCK CARBURATED MARINE POWER 5.7L 300HP AND IN 1/2 MILE LAKE WAS RADARED AT 80.6MPH ON A 70 DEGREE DAY WITH 1/4 TANK OF GAS AND MY BOAT WEIGHT IS 2500 LBS. I HAVE A PULSEDRIVE. I RACE ALL OF THE JET SKIES AT THE LAKE BECAUSE I CAN BEAT THEM OFF THE LINE AND IN THE LONG RUN. LOVE THE IDEA OF PUTTING THE HAMMER DOWN AT ZERO.

Last edited by FRANKIEFRANKIE; 08-21-2002 at 03:03 PM.

Old 08-21-2002, 05:22 PM
Registered

OH GREAT, I just put a complete bravo 1 set up on my 750hp aero and now your telling me it's going to break. All along i wanted to put in a surface drive and i keep hereing don't do it ,it robs power and is used on work boats.
Old 08-21-2002, 07:17 PM
Charter Member#350
Charter Member

I think the Pulsedrive is the way to go. My next project boat is going to have a Pulsedrive.
Old 08-21-2002, 09:28 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I looked at a Pulse drive a couple of years ago. It looks like a slick setup.

Quick Reply: Bravo to Arneson Conversion?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.