Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Extension box on a single engine cat >

Extension box on a single engine cat

Notices

Extension box on a single engine cat

Old 02-16-2014, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

heres my 25 Daytona. its new to me so I can comment on performance with or without. but it used to be a 130mph eliminator factory boat. im sure it has an advantage

Old 02-17-2014, 12:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought one and intend on using it. I could not come up with any reason why it wouldn't work on my setup. I know that when the boat is up to speed there is no center sponson in the water. I have a go pro and have seen that it is not in the water, so cleaner water I don't think is a reason. I feel that I will have better control over the boat for the fact I have more leverage. At east that was my thought. Also I wanted to raise the drive a bit and there is only two ways to do that. Glass the transom in or extension box with a rise built into it. I have already used a 2 shorty on my boat, but still feel like the drive was to deep. Thanks again guys for your input.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:50 PM
Registered

Ttt
Old 03-01-2014, 06:23 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

With a extension box and raised x there may be more potential for crabbing. I would not do it because I would have to patch holes in my my transom from my rams/lines. I just do not think it would be worth the cost. If planing is an issue I would think tunnel tabs would be a more cost effective solution.

I think it is a good suggestion to call Bob L. You may also want to go over to performance boats forum and ask questions/do some reading as that is more of a havasu cat crowd over there.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by stoltz
All right guys and gals,
I've tried to do as much digging as I could and have not came up with a good answer yet. I was thinking about putting an extension box on my 26' Daytona 3" raise 12 set back. I know there are several out there so I was hoping to see if somebody has any feedback about doing this. "GOOD OR BAD" Thanks for the help.

My dad had a 1999 25 Daytona, single blown 500HP. He asked the head rigger over at Eliminator several years ago about an IMCO extension box and they told my dad too save his money and that the 25 didn't need it. So he didn't purchase one, although it does look awesome on the transom.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I have a 2000 Daytona twin step with a Imco ext. box and a -2 short lower end. No problems getting on plane and handles well.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Registered

I Have talked to Bob many times about this. He says that some have worked really well and some have not had as good of luck. I am just hoping to find a couple of people that have before and after thoughts about doing it. I know the cost that it is going to take and that doesn't scare me. I just want to make the boat as safe as I can with running over a 120 mph.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:20 AM
Registered

Ttt
Old 03-08-2014, 12:49 PM
Registered

ttt