Repos: Times sure have changed !! >

Repos: Times sure have changed !!

Notices

Repos: Times sure have changed !!

Old 02-28-2014, 03:19 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 798 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Repos: Times sure have changed !!

In 2009-10 you could go to National Liquidators in Ft. Lauderdale and they were literally overflowing their locations. They had 3-4 additional lots full and everytime I stopped by they had 5-6 trucks with boats waiting just to unload and head back out for pickups. Possibly 500++ on hand on any given day.

These pics are from today. The outside area only had a few cruisers and single engine CCs and everything was junk.
Attached Thumbnails Repos: Times sure have changed !!-nat-liq-2-28-14.jpg   Repos: Times sure have changed !!-nat-liq-again-2-28-14.jpg  
Old 02-28-2014, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here in Cleveland, barely anything there this past year. Are they not getting as many "bank" repos anymore?
Old 02-28-2014, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

They got them all already
Old 02-28-2014, 04:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 47 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
In 2009-10 you could go to National Liquidators in Ft. Lauderdale and they were literally overflowing their locations. They had 3-4 additional lots full and everytime I stopped by they had 5-6 trucks with boats waiting just to unload and head back out for pickups. Possibly 500++ on hand on any given day.

These pics are from today. The outside area only had a few cruisers and single engine CCs and everything was junk.
How are us boaters EVER going to get great deals on repos again if the economy keeps improving like this???! It's all freakin Obama's fault!
Old 02-28-2014, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here in MI. I used to browse a repo dealers website locate in MI and now every time I go there they have little inventory..... I guess it is a good thing. Bad for the guys looking for a deal, but good for buyers looking for credit. Less repos should equal financial institutions loosening their belts a bit (I would think)

Right after I posted this I went to the repo site I had previously visited and they don't even have inventory listed online. Their web page just lists their phone number now...
Old 02-28-2014, 04:36 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

Any chance boat sales are down so there are less repo's
Old 02-28-2014, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GPM
Any chance boat sales are down so there are less repo's
Fair statement. But a lot of the Repo boats I have seen weren't necessarily new boats.. Many were in the 5 - 10 year old range. (just what I have observer)
Old 02-28-2014, 05:12 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 798 Likes on 260 Posts

I only stopped by because I had lunch 1 block away but it was quite a change from the times I was looking through there for something I liked.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 183 Likes on 69 Posts

Maybe it's just me, but I'd look at fewer repos as a good thing for most of us. If the banks aren't repossessing boats (or anything else for that matter), the people that bought them must be able to actually afford them. When a bank does repo a boat, it ends up selling it - generally for a loss. That loss has to be made up someplace - like maybe higher rates on loans to those of us that actually do intend on paying for our stuff.

Sure, some of us have benefitted from this kind of thing through buying a former repo boat. I don't know about the rest of you, but everything I ever looked at that was at a repo sale looked like the original owner knew well in advance that the boat wasn't going to be theirs much longer. So they stopped maintaining it and drove it like they stole it - which of course they did.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
Same here in MI. I used to browse a repo dealers website locate in MI and now every time I go there they have little inventory..... I guess it is a good thing. Bad for the guys looking for a deal, but good for buyers looking for credit. Less repos should equal financial institutions loosening their belts a bit (I would think)

Right after I posted this I went to the repo site I had previously visited and they don't even have inventory listed online. Their web page just lists their phone number now...
http://www.harrisonmarine.com/

this is obviously who you are referring to.... I've picked up a couple great deals over the years there (28 Velocity & 32 Sunsation) wow I cant believe they have nothing listed ... game over

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.