Ilmor Acquires Scorpion Racing Engines >

Ilmor Acquires Scorpion Racing Engines

Notices

Ilmor Acquires Scorpion Racing Engines

Old 03-05-2014, 11:30 AM
sre
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hit the nail on the head. Total shame when he brought in the majority of the customers.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Thanks for the clarification, now it's easy to see what happened. Hate to say it but that's business 101 right there. I know plenty of local people who had a lot more skill than business smarts and ended up in the same boat.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

you know guys none of know the facts so lets just hope its for the better and whish them good luck because they are good for the industry if you want to know ask phill he is also a great guy like us all
Old 03-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 302Sport
Thanks for the clarification, now it's easy to see what happened. Hate to say it but that's business 101 right there. I know plenty of local people who had a lot more skill than business smarts and ended up in the same boat.
Reminds me of this old saying. Its not that I dont trust my book keeper, its that I dont trust anyone.

That may seem cold but its not meant that way. Im just saying in business you cant "trust" anyone.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JIMKID Motorsports
you know guys none of know the facts so lets just hope its for the better and whish them good luck because they are good for the industry if you want to know ask phill he is also a great guy like us all
Huh?
Old 03-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

its a PENSKE thing clearly R P sees something that us meer mortals just cant see
Old 03-05-2014, 09:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

Scorpion website is offline today also.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flat rate
Scorpion website is offline today also.
Yeah, I noticed that too
Old 03-05-2014, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts

To everyone, Frank is Scorpian. Ilmor went through the back door and bought the company from the majority owner ,Phil, and promised him a job. Frank had NO say. That would be like someone buying Sterling and not keeping Mike. Would it still be Sterling? I think not. I think that ship is going down and all the race teams are going to jump ship. Goodluck Ilmor
Old 03-06-2014, 12:35 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

sounds like Frank is in need of a fincial guy to put up some $$ to get another shop. of course a lot of the things can be subbed out to get started again before bringing them indoors. what ilmor gained is? i mean they brag about their technology, their innovation but i am certain they could buy bbc blocks and components and build their own bbc engines. purchasing a company purely for their race team client list is not a smart $$ move as everyone knows there is no big profits in dealing with race teams if any profit at all when its all said an done. if scorpion was soooo profitable then they would not have sold to ilmor in the first place. never take on partners is the moral of this story i guess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.