Notices

It Amazes Me That.....

Old 08-14-2002, 10:01 AM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default It Amazes Me That.....

.....alot of the people that I meet that have go fast boats have never heard of OSO, how can that be?
Old 08-14-2002, 10:04 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Everyone i run into, i mention OSO and i dont think one has showed up yet!!! I dont get it either! Guess they just dont know what their missing! Oh well

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-14-2002, 10:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I agree Ike. I was thinking of starting a thread regarding what percentage of HP boaters know of OSO. I'm of the opinion that internet access is another utility at home like the phone or cable tv. I think that is not the case though. There are still a lot of people who don't own, know how to operate, or care about computers. I sa a guy this weekend with a Sonic at the ramp. I asked him if he knew of OSO and he looked at me strange. I think the percentage of HP boaters to OSO members is small.
Old 08-14-2002, 11:20 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alot of guys I have met all over have heard of OSO but most of them are afraid or don't even know how to use the internet!!!

Like everything else in this ever changing world they will someday realize the computer is a tool just like a power saw or a wrench-- a necessity to do your job.
Old 08-14-2002, 11:40 AM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave M...Bingo. I think you hit the nail on the head re: lack of internet access, familiarity and use. Even in this day/age...amazing but true. I don't think I've ever first-time met anyone on the water who was familiar with this board, Hotboat, riverracerx, fastboats, SoCal, AZ, Lasvegas, etc....

However, I did read in the WSJ yesterday that 10% of the world has internet access now.

OSO in Bangledesh?

dh
Old 08-14-2002, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wally,I suppose you can lead a horse to water,but the only way to make him lie down is to shoot the sonofa*****
Old 08-14-2002, 01:44 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts
Talking

Originally posted by Airpacker
Wally,I suppose you can lead a horse to water,but the only way to make him lie down is to shoot the sonofa*****

LOL
Next time you read in the papers about some irrate boater stuffing an OSO web address down some chumps throat youll know who it is! LOL!!!!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!