Jaguar is heading to Desert Storm >

Jaguar is heading to Desert Storm

Notices

Jaguar is heading to Desert Storm

Old 03-12-2014, 11:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Talon canopy has been opened. I will not have it in Havasau this year. I need to concentrate on selling the Jag. The Talon should be a great boat. Doug
Old 03-12-2014, 11:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Correction, I will be at the desert with the Jag, not the Talon. Call me for a ride.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doug, if you don't have it already try to track down the magazine article in Powerboat on your boat, would be cool to have. Your boat won some races and has a cool pedigree, I am sure Rick told you that. It was a special boat when it was built by Steven. Some real cool people had input and worked on that boat like Craig Archer. This boat used to go head to head with the likes of Rick and Rique Ford.

Hopefully we can run into each other on Havasu sometime soon, I have some great stories about your Talon. We have a home upriver from Havasu and occasionally come downriver into the lake but usually avoid the crowds and keep to a private beach upriver.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I met Craig Archer at Key West a few years ago. He was helping Nigel Hook. Nice guy. The Talon will need some stuff. I am dock challenged with transmission so the current crash boxes have got to go! Should be a fun chore dialing in the boat. Let's get together during DS. Bowling will have the new improved Gone Again there. Doug
Old 03-14-2014, 09:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 27daytona
I met Craig Archer at Key West a few years ago. He was helping Nigel Hook. Nice guy. The Talon will need some stuff. I am dock challenged with transmission so the current crash boxes have got to go! Should be a fun chore dialing in the boat. Let's get together during DS. Bowling will have the new improved Gone Again there. Doug
Craig is a way cool guy, raced with Nigel for years and won a world championship together. Craig helped me with some of my stuff back in the day when he lived in So Cal. Craig and Dan at Archer Marine worked on your boat a lot and know it well, Dan owns Archer and would be a good resource for you. He is on these boards under Archer and his business is located in Costa Mesa CA.

Yup had crash boxes and wet sump 6's. To be driver friendly will need trannys for sure. If it still has the wet sump 6's and your Jag has dry sump 6's would be a good switch to consider. Between the 2 drives would be the same as picking up 100 HP.

I wont be down for DS so will have to meet up some other time, lets keep in touch.

Last edited by Don Johnson; 03-14-2014 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Jag has wet sixes that I had Vern at West Coast Drive rebuild a few years ago. The Talon has dry sixes now. Steve had the supercat motors rebuilt with quad whipples. Should run out nice. How about the delta. Big cat in August. Doug
Old 03-16-2014, 11:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 27daytona
My Jag has wet sixes that I had Vern at West Coast Drive rebuild a few years ago. The Talon has dry sixes now. Steve had the supercat motors rebuilt with quad whipples. Should run out nice. How about the delta. Big cat in August. Doug
Nice, post some pics of the Talon would be great to see.

We are dragging the DCB to Sacramento and attending the Big Cat this year so look forward to seeing you there. We are also attending Monster Bash then boat goes to Teague for motor freshening/upgrades.

Last edited by Don Johnson; 03-16-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Johnson
Nice, post some pics of the Talon would be great to see.

We are dragging the DCB to Sacramento and attending the Big Cat this year so look forward to seeing you there. We are also attending Monster Bash then boat goes to Teague for motor freshening/upgrades.
You will like Big Cat, don't know if you have ever been to the Delta. But the boating blows Havasu away
Old 03-16-2014, 09:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The sac delta is pretty nice. See you at the big cat. I will be in Ohio Monday loading up a Talon.