750 hp for $ 23 k brand new ??? 2 year warranty

Notices

750 hp for $ 23 k brand new ??? 2 year warranty

Old 03-13-2014, 02:33 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,088 Likes on 1,390 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
That's kinda funny. Of course I no want I'm buying just trying to learn the difference of what's inside off what I'm buying
Sorry 'bout that. Wasn't directed at anybody. Was a general statement to anyone reading.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
That's kinda funny. Of course I no want I'm buying just trying to learn the difference of what's inside off what I'm buying
The build sheet shows a list quality parts. There is no junk listed. Are there better parts? Sure. Is there more bling that could be added to the outside? Yes. Would I have any problem throwing your basic 8lbs of boost at it some day? Nope.

Like has aready been said. "Marine" shops WAY oversell their customers because they are willing to pay the price. Not only in labor costs but also in unecessary parts.

Old 03-13-2014, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by redwhite
The build sheet shows a list quality parts. There is no junk listed. Are there better parts? Sure. Is there more bling that could be added to the outside? Yes. Would I have any problem throwing your basic 8lbs of boost at it some day? Nope.

Like has aready been said. "Marine" shops WAY oversell their customers because they are willing to pay the price. Not only in labor costs but also in unecessary parts.

So most marine customers are lemmings? Why haven't all these automotive engine shops swooped in and saved boaters from themselves and provided the same products with the same performance and reliability at great savings?
Old 03-13-2014, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

Can someone tell me why torque peak at 5100 RPM is a good idea for a marine engine?
Old 03-13-2014, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
So most marine customers are lemmings? Why haven't all these automotive engine shops swooped in and saved boaters from themselves and provided the same products with the same performance and reliability at great savings?
It's not just marine. Most customers of anything are lemmings. It's a product of being unknowledgable about the product you are buying. Take the OP for example. Given plenty of bank roll and a desire to just get the job done and enjoy his boat he can go out and buy any number of power combinations with the top of the line parts, bling, and name recognition. Cookie cutter combinations. He could also shop around, like he is doing, and find a much cheaper alternative that will be just as reliable and make his boat just as fast such as the combination he listed.

And to answer your question....there are lakes full of boats running around with "automotive" shop engine builds that were done for 50 cents on the dollar. The question was why is this motor comming in at $23K when others are $35, $45, $55K.

Old 03-13-2014, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Greatguy66
I whould price it out also how much better is the most expensive 750hp compared to the cheapestHow good are these builders

Not sure how good any builder is. Most of these high end builders only give 6 months to 1 year warranty where as ateco is giving 2 years and from what I read they have been in the biz, for 30 years. I remember seeing a few years ago a big cat with there motors on here and the guy praised them I'm not going to supercharge the motor. Keeping it stock ,i. if I could get 500 hours I would be happy, boating in Florida we can put on 100 plus hours a year very easy, I would also say 50 percent will be at cruise speed of around 4000 rpm and 40 percent at 1000 rpm idail and 10 percent full throttle

Last edited by mikebrls; 03-13-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by redwhite
It's not just marine. Most customers of anything are lemmings. It's a product of being unknowledgable about the product you are buying. Take the OP for example. Given plenty of bank roll and a desire to just get the job done and enjoy his boat he can go out and buy any number of power combinations with the top of the line parts, bling, and name recognition. Cookie cutter combinations. He could also shop around, like he is doing, and find a much cheaper alternative that will be just as reliable and make his boat just as fast such as the combination he listed.

And to answer your question....there are lakes full of boats running around with "automotive" shop engine builds that were done for 50 cents on the dollar. The question was why is this motor comming in at $23K when others are $35, $45, $55K.

While I agree to a certain extent, you are also paying for KNOWLEDGE when using SOME of the reputable marine engine builders. If it was so easy to build a reliable marine engine this forum wouldn't be filled with "rebuild gone wrong" threads.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
While I agree to a certain extent, you are also paying for KNOWLEDGE when using SOME of the reputable marine engine builders. If it was so easy to build a reliable marine engine this forum wouldn't be filled with "rebuild gone wrong" threads.
Very true
Old 03-13-2014, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 251 Likes on 100 Posts

anyone bored enough to price out the parts? im hoping to have about $15K into parts and machine work on my 557's. and ive bought all good stuff so far.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SABER28
anyone bored enough to price out the parts? im hoping to have about $15K into parts and machine work on my 557's. and ive bought all good stuff so far.
That sounds about right for retail parts build. In the 10-12 range for a builder...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.