Notices

sonic's history

Old 08-14-2002, 10:07 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about slow, I've never lost a race to a similar powered boat in flat water. In rough water (5'+) I've NEVER lost a race to any boat. Although most of the time when I do get blown away, I always have a guest to witness the humiliation!! And they always refuse to jump overboard to lighten the load!
Old 08-14-2002, 10:18 PM
Registered

Mrs.Prowler

yes i boat on the hudson, i'm from the poughkeepsie
area, my boat is moored at norrie point,

well all i can say about the guy who called it a lead sled owns
a hustler....

Mrs. prowler one ??? do you work for a general contractor
with the initials S.C.S

Here is a pic of the boat im interested in
Attached Thumbnails sonic's history-sonic-profilea1.jpg  
Old 08-14-2002, 10:18 PM
42 SS

I just sold a 1988 Sonic 30ss which I had for 9 years the boat seem to get better with age. We never had any hull problems or stress cracks. We re-powerd it a couple years ago with 450 Hps and bravo 1 drives and were very happy with the performance. In fact the only reason we sold it was to upgrade to 42 Sonic which we purchased a little over a month ago, so far we have no regrets.

Steve

Old 08-14-2002, 10:23 PM

What I've always wanted to know about Sonic is what is with the arch? Does it increase structual integrity or something? Even the newer ones, come on not everyone puts radar on something 28'.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:31 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Becca, the arch has one critical function and no other known uses. There are photos at the end of BN's " Arch or No Arch" post of this use. Its for the hotties to hang onto!!
Old 08-14-2002, 10:37 PM

The only thing I've seen it used for is a diving board
Old 08-14-2002, 10:41 PM
Registered

Becca - go4broke i like the arch, that particular boat did not come with the arch.... the present owner added it for the sonic look.....

Plus the hotties need something to hang onto
Old 08-14-2002, 11:03 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Lead Sled?!?!? Take a look at this!!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/gallery/....php?photo=449

I LOVE my 26' Sonic. I too get walked on flat water sometimes by similar size and similar powered boats. I don't care! When it gets rough, I get on the dash and stand on the trottle, (JK), and I have never had a scary moment, not even in the pic linked above!
Old 08-14-2002, 11:34 PM
Charter Member #1472
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Go4Broke, that's pretty funny.....I'll go one better, we had a little 19 ft. Lazer w/ a 2.4 merc. ob tricked out, that dumped all of his people to come after us, well, geez we only weigh 4000lbs. more than him, what are some people thinking???? I had 70 gall. of fuel 15 gal. fresh water and two huge anchors plus a full cooler, and he's dumping people.... should I have started throwing things overboard and dumping fuel?? then he tells us he does 86 mph on gps after telling us he dumped everyone to come after us. He was worried about getting that little extra...UNREAL!!

Becca, I love the arches, they are Sonic's trademark and when we go to a bigger Sonic it will have a Arch. I hope they never take that factory option away. Of course, it won't be for hotties, been married almost 15 yrs. it's all about the LOOKS!!!

XCAV8, we boat on the Hudson too, up North more by the Rip Van Winkle bridge, you should come up this way some time. Are you talking about Black Cloud (hustler)? He used to come up this way all of the time. If you put them motors in a Sonic you'd go pretty quick too!!! Ps. I don't work for a general contractor, I work making my hubby dinner every day...etc.
Good luck on your Sonic purchase....maybe we'll see you on the river sometime......
Oh yeah, there was a older 30ft. Sonic in the Catskill creek this weekend with a big AC unit in the deck hatch, I wonder who that was? They stayed the weekend. Also there is a Sonic that does offshore racing, team boathouse, I believe, thats about all the info. I know on that, but you see them every once in awhile on the tv. I do believe the driver or throttleman posted once on this forum..cool!
Old 08-14-2002, 11:47 PM
Registered

well what did you guys think of that
the classic sonic i posted??? eehhh or what?

Black cloud hmmmmmmm Maybe

Quick Reply: sonic's history

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.