Notices

sonic's history

Old 08-14-2002, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sonic's history

Just curious on what peoples opinion is on sonic..
Especially the older ones .. I've heard that the original sonic's
were very good rough water boats..... other people i talk to
say stay away its nothing but a lead sled....
Old 08-14-2002, 06:47 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Sonic's are a good rough water boat, Yes they are a little slower to a comparable size and powered offshore but on the plus side they usually have a larger cabin than many boats it their class.
Old 08-14-2002, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 1990 30SS with 2 x 640hp and runs mid 90's. The rougher the water the faster she runs. Flies straight, lands smooth, no chine walkin. Never a scare. Small cockpit with generous cabin. Can't beat the walkaround deck. I have not been in any other boats this size or bigger but am very happy with it.
Old 08-14-2002, 07:11 PM
AttitudeAdjusta

You can't go wrong with a Sonic, I belive it was Powerboat magazine that called Sonic" boatings best kept secret". I'm on my 3rd year with my current Sonic and have no complaints.

Old 08-14-2002, 07:40 PM
jetbell

they are a good boat had one for two years ready to up grade to a 35 sonic

Old 08-14-2002, 08:19 PM
Registered

My only complaint about Sonic is that a 80's Sonic looks just like a 2002 Sonic.
Old 08-14-2002, 08:30 PM
Registered

Why should the looks change? I hope my wife looks the way she does now 10 yrs. from now.
Old 08-14-2002, 08:59 PM
Registered

Fred, you get that damn thing in the water yet? At this point I think I am anticipating it more than you!!!
Old 08-14-2002, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thx guys, i'm am looking at an older model , actually its probably a classic 1980 33 rs , the boat looks to be in near mint condition.
it has trs's with nosecones, and fresh 440 bbs in it, what can i expect for top speed at wot?? i'm hoping for 65 mph, that would keep me happy for now...... I loved the post about "apache whats in a name"
any kind of history about sonic's ? Have they ever raced in offshore with the big boys?
sonic's are definitly bad ass looking boats.....
Old 08-14-2002, 09:56 PM
Charter Member #1472
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Unhappy A LEAD SLED.......

I wasn't gonna post on this because of course I'm partial, I have a 26 Sonic.......but, I'd like to talk to the person who call's a Sonic a lead sled.... Yes, they are heavy boats but if you ever ridden in one flat out, its GREAT!!!! Like Ken said "no chine walk, no scare". They may not be the fastest but they hold there own with a whole lot more ammenities than most of the "faster" boats. It all boils down to what kind of boat you want.... a narrow hull with less ammenities, weighs less = quicker boat or a wider hull + luxury = slower boat.... but then again you can make any boat go "fast" all it takes is$$$$$$$$ and there's always gonna be somebody faster....
Mrs. Prowler

XCAV8, what part of the Hudson valley are you from?
Do you ever boat on the Hudson?

Quick Reply: sonic's history

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.