Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The most stupid thing a mechnic has said to you >

The most stupid thing a mechnic has said to you

Notices

The most stupid thing a mechnic has said to you

Old 03-16-2014, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My 1987 Formula, upon paying $2500 for the new transom, "Don't worry about a thing. My work is lifetime guaranteed. Just bring it back if there are any problems." 3 years later when the transon re-rotted out, I brought it back to him. He went and looked at it on the trailer and said, "Its these holes you drilled for the pitot tube. The water got in there because you didn't seal it right. The warranty is void." I said , what? How's that? YOU installed the pitot, not me! I haven't touched it! If it wasn't sealed right you are the one who did it wrong. About that time 2 thugs walked up and flanked their scumbag boss. "I never do that kind of work. Now take that boat and get it out of here before I call the cops." That shop was in Kemah TX and still limps along in business. PM me if you want the name.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yours is next in line...... A week later...... Urs is next in line... A week later...... I go get my boat and they are literally shocked and bich and moan that I'm leaving with my boat (not fixed).... Go figure. A buddy of mine had to do the same thing. Same mechanic. Not sure how they stay in business......
Old 03-16-2014, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by On Time
My 1987 Formula, upon paying $2500 for the new transom, "Don't worry about a thing. My work is lifetime guaranteed. Just bring it back if there are any problems." 3 years later when the transon re-rotted out, I brought it back to him. He went and looked at it on the trailer and said, "Its these holes you drilled for the pitot tube. The water got in there because you didn't seal it right. The warranty is void." I said , what? How's that? YOU installed the pitot, not me! I haven't touched it! If it wasn't sealed right you are the one who did it wrong. About that time 2 thugs walked up and flanked their scumbag boss. "I never do that kind of work. Now take that boat and get it out of here before I call the cops." That shop was in Kemah TX and still limps along in business. PM me if you want the name.
just say who it was so no other texas boys get the same fukkin from him.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 364 Likes on 209 Posts

My favorite is from the main mechanic I used to work with.... "You don't lie to your doctor, so don't lie to me!"
Old 03-16-2014, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

This is a hard question to answer, because I'm not sure I have ever talked to a Real Mechanic..........
Old 03-16-2014, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by abones
This is a hard question to answer, because I'm not sure I have ever talked to a Real Mechanic..........
Based on replies so far this stupidest thing a person posing as mechanic said. Lol
Old 03-16-2014, 11:02 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Based on replies so far this stupidest thing a person posing as mechanic said. Lol
Trust me I'm no mechanic, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night. lol
Old 03-17-2014, 01:28 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

The reason mercury makes shorties is so they can sell spacers...buddy of mine who is also my mechanic said that when were getting my boat dialed in.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:39 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

People piss me off wanting their chit. I'm gonna have to raise my rates
Old 03-17-2014, 01:42 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm concentrating. ..righty tighty...lefty loosy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.