Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
A pop bottle,rag,gasoline,and a match >

A pop bottle,rag,gasoline,and a match

Notices

A pop bottle,rag,gasoline,and a match

Old 08-15-2002, 06:39 AM
jr

Angry A pop bottle,rag,gasoline,and a match

My freaking boat is driving my out of my damn tree. I rebuilt the engines last year. Dropped them back in, fired them up timed them and walked away. No problems at all. So this year I'm fixing, redoing all the little things. Stereo, amp, clean this, replace that. Now I can't keep ahead of the damn thing. I fix one thing, two things break. Yesterday I had to fix my running lights because they decided to stop working at dusk coming across the lake. Get those fixed, now the head unit for the stereo quits. Check it out and sure enough its dead now that is after I spent 2 weeks chasing down an problem with it when I mounted my amp. And had to figure out why my vhf was blowing fuses. Geez, whats next!! Time for a little gas in a bottle.

Old 08-15-2002, 06:49 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish I had problems like that I go into paint today

Jon
Old 08-15-2002, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

At least your boat is in the water and is (for the most part) able to run.
Old 08-15-2002, 08:33 AM
jr

Sure, but you always have that "sinking" feeling something dire is going to happen. Whats next, probably the wheel will come off in my hands, or the shifters with lock up coming into the ramp. I know what your saying, but damnit I sick of fixing **** all the time. Working on motors is one thing, thats cool and fun, but crawling around under the instument panel chasing a wire that has been spliced 5 times with different colored wire sucks.

Old 08-15-2002, 08:39 AM
Rick252

B O A T " A hole in the water in which money is thrown"

Old 08-15-2002, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And there's always the old one...........
B.reak
O.ut
A.nother
T.housand
Old 08-15-2002, 09:20 AM
Rick252

Those two posts sums it up pretty good huh

Old 08-15-2002, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff,

Sounds like you might want to rewire this winter - maybe redo the dash as a project? Not as fun as playing with the ponies, but it should keep you out of trouble
Old 08-15-2002, 01:10 PM
jr

Dock

That thought has crossed my mind. I don't fully understand why my boat is wired the way it is. Some of the wiring is neat which is obviously the factory, and the rest of it looks to be done by someone suffering from dimentia. It looks like a ball of wire. I would like to do new gauges, panel, and switches. But know I dont have the coin to do it. I think if I start another project my wife will kill me for the insurance money. Preferably for her in the boat. 2 birds with one stone kinda thing.

Old 08-15-2002, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear that! Good luck with the boat, I know you've been through hell and back with that thing (all the way back to the crook, oops, I mean the broker... )

Mike

Quick Reply: A pop bottle,rag,gasoline,and a match

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.