How Often Do You Wax Your Boat? >

How Often Do You Wax Your Boat?

Notices

How Often Do You Wax Your Boat?

Old 04-03-2014, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by In2Deep
Twice a year with Waxing Frenzy, and use the Frenzy Spray Wax touch-up about once per month in between.
Where do you get the Waxing Frenzy? I didn't think they were still around.

Padraig
Old 04-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
I spray wax it every time I use it after a wash so it sparkles.

I have yet to wax but only had it since Oct and Fast Boats did a full detail on it before I got it.

Prob a good wax job twice a year.

Like I said I do that too and use the turtle wax Ice. But for those that wax a million times a year, try the spray on sometime it will save lots of time.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Acid wash once a year to get the deeper brown stains out then wax.

Speed Gloss every wipe down has made wipe down smoother and reduced the scum line buildup over the course of a season.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:12 PM
Registered

I use Zaino show car polish on mine, it's not an abrasive polish and contains UV protection. Awesome stuff for cars and boats.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:14 PM
ben
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

I bought my boat last September and its been on the water 5 times since then, I've waxed it 3 times so far and its getting waxed again next week. Probably overkill but I like for it to be shiny!
Old 04-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
You do realize that you're pretty much assuring the need to remove gelcoat every time you polish right? Polish removes a microscopic layer of the surface in order to expose a "new" surface below. "Wax" on the other hand adds a microscopic protective layer - which helps eliminate the need for constant polishing. And I put the word "wax" in quotes because there are many types of products that "seal" the surface. Some of them are indeed made from wax.
That is an inaccurate statement. Cutting Compounds can remove gelcoat and are used in the restoration process of badly oxidized gel coat finished. Cutting compounds can be thought of as liquid, very fine, sand paper. I use Fountain of Youth Vitreo Polish/Polymer Sealant, this has no abrasive qualities. Therefore cannot cut or remove the gel coat. I exclusively use Fountain of Youth products on mine and customer boats.

Last edited by low_psi; 04-03-2014 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I spray wax mine after every use and once a year with the 3M marine wax. Stays so slick that we had 3 casualties at the Chattanooga poker run. We tied up side by side and at least 3 went in the drink. I was accused of using crisco. Maintainence with the spray wax(eagle one wax as you dry)seems to help a lot.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
That is an inaccurate statement. Cutting Compounds can remove gelcoat and are used in the restoration process of badly oxidized gel coat finished. Cutting compounds can be thought of as liquid, very fine, sand paper. I use Fountain of Youth Vitreo Polish/Polymer Sealant, this has no abrasive qualities. Therefore cannot cut or remove the gel coat. I exclusively use Fountain of Youth products on mine and customer boats.
And any "polish" is a very, very fine abrasive (cutting) compound. How else do you think it would polish? That's why things shine after polishing. The surface has been leveled - if even at a microscopic level.

Full Disclosure: I moderate a Detailing web site, so I might know a little bit about the subject.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well since you moderate a website, I guess you are an "expert" Sorry for challenging your knowledge.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Once a year with xxponet, it actually last longer than 1 season.

http://xxponet.com/index.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]521442[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails How Often Do You Wax Your Boat?-product-xxponetsm.jpg  

Last edited by JWoolever; 04-03-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.