1000 Islands, Pirates weekend >

1000 Islands, Pirates weekend

Notices

1000 Islands, Pirates weekend

Old 08-13-2002, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1000 Islands, Pirates weekend

Wow what a weekend. I had a great time with alot of friends I haven't seen in awhile. Very nice boats. Hope to have some pics soon, (norm). who went. Now the downfall to the weekend. I was taking on water, both of my friends got tickets and watched the coast guard and sherriff and state pd, etc etc pull people over all night long boat after boat. Not to metion mary's island caught on fire and had to have fire boat there, some numb nut left his coals burning. Besides all that not to bad. I don't understand they want tourism and yet hammer everyone with tickets. umm. Danl sorry I couldn't tie up and see you guys, apache looks awesome, Dan where can we put in besides Keewadin state park they were getting us with loud exaust, I am tired of that old folks place anyway. Its too bad they are pushing boaters out of one of the most beautiful spots in new york. Well hope to see all soon and get some pics,(norm). Rico
Old 08-13-2002, 04:09 PM
jb
Registered

Had a sweet time as well, did not see you. Did the waterfight in a rental(a blast). Cops were nice to my buds as they raced to Keywadin sun. am to pull out. Checked his exhaust at 104 db and gave him a warning. Also said there was a 30 mph speed limit(which we knew, but we said we thought that was at night) in the channel and he clocked them at 75. Thats why they followed em in to Keywadin.
Weather was incredible, it was my last weekend with the boat so we left it docked at Bonnie Castle the dirty dump all weekend.
Great ride to Kingston on Friday, pigged out and drank there, what a time.
Oh when is the poker run so I can go back up!!!
Old 08-13-2002, 05:41 PM
Registered

Default hey jb

yeah they were pretty cool when they pulled us over just gave tickets for louds exaust at 96 db. The poker run is Aug 23-25 do you still have your scarab or is it sold. We were also in the water fight, wow. Looking forward to seeing you.
Old 08-14-2002, 07:42 AM
jb
Registered

Scarab sold. We only fielded no less than 100 calls. Seems a lot of people could not get financed(bad credit), or wanted me to take their trade in. I considered many but none were very nice at all. Deciding if I should ride in the Poker Run Or be a spectator. I enjoy both the same.
Rico, you going?
Old 08-14-2002, 03:25 PM
Registered

yes i am if i get closed on my new house by then. Let me know where you will be ok.
Old 08-14-2002, 04:46 PM
jb
Registered

no problem see you there
Old 08-14-2002, 10:29 PM

Rico, you can get your boat in no prob at the Otter Creek ramp thought Tracey would have to hold onto it while you drove to the Rec Center to ditch the trailer because there are no GDM cleats on that dock!! I suppose that's to deter anyone docking overnight but we get our big stuff in and out OK. It's the third left after you turn off 12 into the bay.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:39 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

I enjoyed the crowds at the bay the best way. At my camp in Port Bay with my new wife and good music,food, and drink!

Hi Rico, haven't spoken to you in a while. Are you going to do any boating in the Oswego, Fair Haven, Sodus area? If so give me a call and we'll hook up.
Old 08-16-2002, 08:19 PM
Registered

Cool hi Becca

I never thought of that spot. That sounds good. I wish I could have got to raft up to you guys, tell dan i said hi. Hope to see you guys. Did you see our new addition, ( Bella) she is a doll, still trying to get used to the boat she is a lasa apso, great dog. dont be afraid to look us up when you are up, [email protected] ok. well hope to see you at pokerun. Rick
Old 08-16-2002, 08:23 PM
Registered

Chris how come you are never at abay, I know enjoying your wife, such as you should but bring her up and meet all us crazy nuts, I am sure we will make asses of ourselfs. I can show you around if you want, the River is beautiful, brian was up but so many boats I didn't get to tie up with him, make sure you contact me ok, if not summer, at least a winter drink. Rick