Are we judged by the brand and size of are boats >

Are we judged by the brand and size of are boats

Notices

Are we judged by the brand and size of are boats

Old 04-16-2014, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rwbrew3
I myself have been guilty of judging by make and size of boat - at first looked up to the guys with the boat I could never own ! I
You're not dead yet! Don't sell yourself short you never know what can happen in life in 10 or 20 years a lot can happen, you might be able to afford things you never thought you would be able to. Plenty of people here are proof of that. Myself included.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Most all of the boaters I know all started somewhere and built up to what they have and respect any and all in between.

That said, I have found that the people who do the most judging are the "friends" of the boat owners.

I can't tell you how many times I have heard snide remarks about this boat or that guys boat by some nit-wit who doesn't even own a boat. I have had numerous conversations with people who were all snobby and blowhearted about a specific boat and then when they find out you have a similar boat and actually own it, their demeanor changes.... and then you realize they don't know the first thing about boats. Love those people.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

I think we just look down on Fountain owners lol
Old 04-16-2014, 04:52 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
That said, I have found that the people who do the most judging are the "friends" of the boat owners.
Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner !

The 'My Buddy's boat........' disease can be brutal !
Old 04-16-2014, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner !

The 'My Buddy's boat........' disease can be brutal !

All I know is that my buddies boat is faster than mine, there goes the next 6 paychecks.

Not only are they brutal, they get expensive too....

Oh Crap!!! I just realized that once I get the bigger motor to keep up with my buddy, Im going to need a better drive....
Old 04-16-2014, 06:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pstorti
You're not dead yet! Don't sell yourself short you never know what can happen in life in 10 or 20 years a lot can happen, you might be able to afford things you never thought you would be able to. Plenty of people here are proof of that. Myself included.
This is so true ! Great wsy to look at it for sure !!
Old 04-16-2014, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Damn , you tellin me I wasted all that money on a Cigarette for nothin.

Rick G.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts

I like to drink beer on the lake and get away from work and stress. It's funny because most of the people on the lake no matter how small or large their boat enjoy drinking beer on the lake too. That's good company to relax with on the weekend.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I have read a number of the responses with great interest.

We all started with something that basically just floated - each time there is a chance to improve we did - for some it may mean a bigger boat, larger engine(s), more electronics. The bottom line is that we all love the water, the freedom and beauty that it provides. Some like to go so fast that their goal is to start their hair on fire- others just like to cruise around. It doesn't matter -- all of us want to have fun. There is a lot of good jabs that I've read - They are just funny - to take them personal would be dumb. There are a few that have fangs-Oh well so what

A number of years ago I came across the following-

Those that have - Have - those that don't -- Brag.

A light house doesn't have to announce to the world what it is doing - it just shines--

Safe Boating

3pointstar
Old 04-16-2014, 07:05 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus
A few summers back I was filling up my old Top Gun while on the trailer at a local gas station. Some younger guys pulled up and asked how much gas it held. When I told them 250 gallons, one of them said "that thing's stupid" as they drove off.
Ya know . . . . i just realized another thing. . . . it sounds waaaayyy better when you say two hundred fifty gallons as apposed to one thousand two hundred forty dollars worth of gas lol

and those kids . . . the one that said "that things stupid". . . . lemmie guess they drove off in sh!t box Honda Civic with a big 'ol coffee can exhaust ?? lol
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.