Like Tree0Likes

41' Legend "White Lightening"

Old 08-17-2002, 02:24 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

My Boats: Back on the dock!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve 1
Still leaves the Question “Who” the mystery Builder or Molder (if it is a copy) Is ??
Steve Rydovich or something like that from Seattle spent Howard Hughes money building this thing. Rigging is absolutely phenom...... It has less beam than an Apache 41 and the bottom is a little different from what I understand. I crawled through it not long ago and its definitely got some good hardware in it.

Depends on the price of what your getting it for. Remember it's a one off boat and resale on it sucks at best even though it's probably one of the baddest boats around the general public could give a sh#& less. So that being said if the purchase price is right you can always recoup (?) the hardware and have the baddest ass flower pot in the neighborhood.
Old 08-18-2002, 02:14 PM
Tague

Default out in it tonight

I will be running it tonight and will let you know what kind of numbers it turn we changed the inter. and removed the crash boxes and put in super cy. and added 12inch boxes. Changing props i will let you know.
but for the record this is the driest ride i have ever had in a boat this size.

Old 08-18-2002, 03:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Slippery when wet!

I find myself asking the question ,Why would someone build something that looks like the Cigarette/Apache Hull or even a Scarab which has Genes in the Magnum Hull same Blood line . If it was done by a Boat Builder. and Not by Mr. Low rent boat Molder

A "One Off" to a Builder is Building “Mold less “Like Ken Adams or Myself and a host of others, which gives us a tremendous freedom, the ultimate to be creative! In short BOATBUILDING!

Now the landscape is littered with Molders or Opportunists! See what I am talking about!

Now just why someone would go thru the enormous amount of work needed produce a finished Boat that resembles something very common in the High Performance Market I find it Mind boggling!

Old 08-18-2002, 11:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Too Old It would be my pleasure to post some pictures, step by step of the Building Process from Lofting on up. In the next day or so work load permitting!
Old 08-18-2002, 11:36 PM
Racer
Racer

My Boats: 1987 24 Skater, 2006 30 Skater
Lightbulb

The guy who built that boat was in Seattle. My friend new him alittle. I wanna say that he took a 38 cig and stretched it re-did the whole boat. He built sail boats or something like that. There is lots of trick Carbon Fiber stuff in that boat. He also had THEEEE trickest harley I have seen. It was a street flat track bike with number plates and all. The boat is tooooo TRICK.
Old 08-24-2002, 02:43 PM
Boat Girl

Talking

Wow, we went out in White Lightening last night...OH MAN what a rush...Thank you very much Dan...It was a blast, as for numbers, I will try and get the info, I unfortunately, was in the back, but that boat is so awesome...it was 2-3 in the ocean and we just let it go...

Old 08-24-2002, 09:24 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Quote:
Too Old It would be my pleasure to post some pictures, step by step of the Building Process from Lofting on up. In the next day or so work load permitting!
Steve, If I can free up some space on my site, I would be glad to put something together for ya.... Once I find out why I can't get into the editing portion of my site lately ...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-24-2002, 09:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sharkey I am digging out photos now of the actual Boat Building The thing I like is It Won Both US and UIM WCs not any Question left there!

You were Involved so that would be a natural for your website! And we do a Thread here the Building or making of a Champion!
Old 08-25-2002, 12:51 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Thumbs up

That would be great!!!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-25-2002, 01:16 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1995 Nova Spyder
Default boat pic's

Quote:
Ha it has been a couple of days and I would also love to se them because I here about streaching boats and bold and have a hard time with this thanks Charlie.