Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   what makes LOTO so popular? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/311189-what-makes-loto-so-popular.html)

stimleck 04-18-2014 07:19 PM

what makes LOTO so popular?

I hear so much about it plus the post on the police boats stressed how many boats are there, why?

Orthobam 04-18-2014 07:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Greatest place on earth!!!!

Here now. Ran the Skater all over today. Saw a AM2 and Augie Bush out.
Perfect weather

Unlimited in water dining and partying.

Sitting on my deck now and this is the view.

I can walk 20 steps to my dock, drop the lift and go hammer.

BDiggity 04-18-2014 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Orthobam (Post 4108855)
Greatest place on earth!!!!

Here now. Ran the Skater all over today. Saw a AM2 and Augie Bush out.
Perfect weather

Unlimited in water dining and partying.

Sitting on my deck now and this is the view.

I can walk 20 steps to my dock, drop the lift and go hammer.

lucky bastard! ;)

Griff 04-19-2014 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by stimleck (Post 4108847)
I hear so much about it plus the post on the police boats stressed how many boats are there, why?

The only way to understand is go there.

Nate5.0 04-19-2014 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 4108953)
The only way to understand is go there.

Yup.

I heard all the hype and took my first ever trip up last year for the shootout.

It's April and I already have my flight, rental car, and room at the Camden booked and paid up for the 2014 shootout. Just need to get a rental boat now.

The place is amazing and beautiful!

Plowtownmissile 04-19-2014 06:53 AM

Everything BAM said plus...

For those who have limited free time, you can literally make a call to have your boat taken care of. Normal service, emergency service, put in storage, put on your boat lift, winterized, etc by numerous reputable places at the lake. Have an issue Sunday, make a call Monday, and your taken care of & it's ready by Saturday.

Lots of stuff for the family to do. Water parks, mini-golf, go-karts, big outlet mall, movie theaters, lots of golf courses, helicopter rides, etc.

Property is very reasonable and plentiful. From condos to mega-mansions, there's property on the lake to fit anyone's budget. Want to be in the middle of the action, buy a place in the 5 to 21MM. Want to be away in peace and quiet, buy a place from the 35MM and up.

Variety of boats everywhere. From Jon boats and sailboats to 60ft+ cruisers and 200+mph offshore boats, you'll see just about everything on the lake.

riverboater 04-19-2014 06:55 AM

Great place , try it once and you will be hooked .We go there a lot

inspector747 04-19-2014 06:56 AM

So which is bigger LOTO or Desert Storm? Having never been to either (Bucket list). So LOTO is Aug 23-24 and Desert Storm is April 23-27.

314joey 04-19-2014 06:58 AM

You got to live it, lots of wonderful on the water bar/restaurants, tons of beautiful boat, tons of beautiful women and lots of great people.

LOTO on the Shootout weekend over DS for sure.

Jupiter Sunsation 04-19-2014 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by stimleck (Post 4108847)

Math.....

1. Centrally located in a decent climate
2. Biggest body of water around (not great lakes big but big for that area)
3. Reasonable real estate affordability (leaves money left over for a boat! :D)
4. Plenty of activities, bars/restaurants both on/off the water