Notices

Smith Power Continues

Old 04-21-2014, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have spoken to Eddie a few times, gave up some time to help me. He is a great guy, and what a great thing to do. Good work Eddie
Old 04-21-2014, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Two words, CLASS ACT
Old 04-21-2014, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Thank you everyone. However, Travis Reed is the one that deserves all of the credit. He is the one that made contact with me, coordinated the entire thing, paid for it, etc. He is the one that deserves all of the accolades. What he did for those guys goes way above and beyond what most would do, and for that, he deserves all of the credit.

I really enjoyed my time there. I certainly wish it would have been under different circumstances. It was great to get to meet LV, Dennis Poole and his son (who's name currently escapes me), Quinlan, etc. It was great to put a face to the name. More to the point, it was great to meet Travis, Bob, Slayer, Scott, and Brandon (Brad's son, who, by the way, is exceptionally talented)

We are already talking about a return trip in the near future. I'm sure I'll be back there at some point soon. Meantime, those guys will continue to do what they do best. It was a terrible thing to lose Brad, but the shop is still going in his honor. So, don't hesitate to support those guys by sending some work their way. I'm here if they need some help alone the way. They just need to say the word and I'll be on a plane. Brad and I were a lot more alike then I think either one of us ever imagined. I had always seen some similarities in our work, but I never dreamed there were that many until this last week. We did a lot of the same things, used the same parts, build the same engines, etc.

Thank you all again for your kind words but don't forget who deserves most of the credit.
Eddie

Last edited by Young Performance; 04-21-2014 at 10:46 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 597 Likes on 275 Posts

Eddie spent a couple hours in my boat with the puter Sat. She is Purring sweetly again!!

Thanks Eddie and great meeting you. And THANKS To TR!! you crazy FKR!!!!

And Keep up the excellent work Slayer and Pops! you know I will be a longtime customer
Old 04-22-2014, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats Eddie, Proud to know ya!
Old 04-22-2014, 08:14 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Very cool and inspiring.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:09 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,749 Likes on 1,235 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Thank you everyone. However, Travis Reed is the one that deserves all of the credit. He is the one that made contact with me, coordinated the entire thing, paid for it, etc. He is the one that deserves all of the accolades. What he did for those guys goes way above and beyond what most would do, and for that, he deserves all of the credit.

I really enjoyed my time there. I certainly wish it would have been under different circumstances. It was great to get to meet LV, Dennis Poole and his son (who's name currently escapes me), Quinlan, etc. It was great to put a face to the name. More to the point, it was great to meet Travis, Bob, Slayer, Scott, and Brandon (Brad's son, who, by the way, is exceptionally talented)

We are already talking about a return trip in the near future. I'm sure I'll be back there at some point soon. Meantime, those guys will continue to do what they do best. It was a terrible thing to lose Brad, but the shop is still going in his honor. So, don't hesitate to support those guys by sending some work their way. I'm here if they need some help alone the way. They just need to say the word and I'll be on a plane. Brad and I were a lot more alike then I think either one of us ever imagined. I had always seen some similarities in our work, but I never dreamed there were that many until this last week. We did a lot of the same things, used the same parts, build the same engines, etc.

Thank you all again for your kind words but don't forget who deserves most of the credit.
Eddie
Guys like Eddie Young and Travis Reed always deflect the spotlight. Reporting on such individuals isn't just a pleasure. It's a privilege.

This job has its perks.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:14 PM
Registered

Eddie is a class act guy no doubt as are the Smith Power guys, its just good to see people working together for a common passion in todays world.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:17 PM
Registered

Very cool. It's people like that that give you a little hope left for humanity.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Quinlan
Eddie spent a couple hours in my boat with the puter Sat. She is Purring sweetly again!!

Thanks Eddie and great meeting you. And THANKS To TR!! you crazy FKR!!!!

And Keep up the excellent work Slayer and Pops! you know I will be a longtime customer
It was great meeting you as well Scott. I'm glad I was able to help you out some. Let me know if you need anything else. Next time I come to town, maybe I can spent a little more time in it doing a little more fine tuning.
Eddie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.