The last of the 24/7  history ?'s for Brownie >

The last of the 24/7 history ?'s for Brownie

Notices

The last of the 24/7 history ?'s for Brownie

Old 04-22-2014, 01:19 AM
Registered

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts
Default The last of the 24/7 history ?'s for Brownie

I promise Brownie , never to be mentioned again.

So I have that Harry Schoell designed the 24/7 exclusively for Aronnow and built him a Formica lined female mold..from your previous postings.

I think it was mentioned that this was more or less a one off gift to Doc Magoon and he raced it under the Magnum Era?

So my big question is did the proof on the race course make the design such a desirable boat that all were seeking a piece of it?
Also if Aronnow had his money into it why was it never really built by his companies? That is the big Question for me.

And also how did the clones develop so fast ? And How many originally come out of the Schoell mold and from what Company?

Was one popped from a Harry Schoell boat and the clones went wild after that?

From what I gathered on here. 1st in line on the 24/7 run was P&D and than Excalibur and than Pantera
Did Harry allow this and get a hull design fee on every boat also?

I am just perplexed how such a great and still popular design passed thru Aronows hands and quickly created some of his quickest boat manufacturing competion in the under 27 range.

One answer per a cup of coffee in you freetime is more than i could ask

No more 24/7 ? after this I promise.

Last edited by tommymonza; 04-22-2014 at 01:22 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:37 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

good questions, all stuff i have wondered as well. It is probably foot for foot one of the best hull designs ever and probably one of (if not THE) most copied hulls ever. I would also like the complete history of the Chris Cat / Conquest / ??? hull as well. Thats another of the finest designs ever . . . .
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 04-22-2014 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have done A lot research of the 24x7ft history and I have a long list of boats and brands coming from that "Magnum Marine 23" hull For sure I have miss some models and brands.

From what Brownie told me Harry Schoell build the mold (not plug) first

Mange
Old 04-22-2014, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Harry says that Aronow sold the mold to Mel Adler, who made a few called Excalibur. Don't know after that.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:58 PM
Registered

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Short and Sweet and to the point Thank you Brownie

Harry"s got to be proud of all the little spawns he created out there even if he never did receive further compensation.

Absolutely the most copied hull design of all times and the best performing boat along with the 21 Challenger in the mid 20 s size.

So the Quest goes on . From here we ask Pepe Nunez the history on a new thread

What brought this on is the other night when i was reading thru the Hustler 32 thread I delved upon enough information to finally get to the bottom of the design whether true or false..

From what I gathered on that thread is the Hustler 32 came from the Signature 27 and the Signature came from the 27 Magnum and the 38 Hustler step came from a cut and lengthened 32. Good info

Soo I am always on here asking Lineage Questions about designs and I was thinking how cool and informative it would be if we could create a design+linage+ what they had become family tree.'

Complete with a profile pics and a little info would be cool if any one would know how to set up the page?

And than slowly we could gather up the info needed to fill in the blanks of linage from the people that know on this site.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And the 27' Magnum came from Harry as well.

Jeff
Old 04-23-2014, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 207 Likes on 89 Posts

What was the actual specific length of the original? It was a little under an actual 24 wasn't it??
Old 04-23-2014, 01:22 PM
Registered

23.6t if my memory serves me correct.

The 24x7ft does not have anything to do with 27/28 Magnum and the boats splashed from it. BUT both are from Harry Schoell's penn.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 207 Likes on 89 Posts

So my avanti is only 18" shorter.... Seems like a lot of work to shorten a boat only 18 inches, heck thats less than half a beak.......
Old 04-23-2014, 04:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle View Post
So my avanti is only 18" shorter.... Seems like a lot of work to shorten a boat only 18 inches, heck thats less than half a beak.......
hahaha, half a beak

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.