Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Recommendations for 1st LOTO trip.... Where to stay? >

Recommendations for 1st LOTO trip.... Where to stay?

Notices

Recommendations for 1st LOTO trip.... Where to stay?

Old 04-24-2014, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know I said we stayed at the Kapilana last year, only because we made reservations late for the Shootout, but we have reservations at the Ledges for June, and I know they have a trailer storage area located at the condos(Kapilana did as well). We plan on dunking the boat at PB2, then the GF will head back over to the Ledges, where I have a slip rented. Drop trailer and commence to have fun! First time staying at the Ledges, so I can't comment on the facility yet though.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
All good info posted by others since I last posted.
I can't count the number of times I have left my trailer at PB2. 48hrs free parking and $5 additional day. PB2 is only about 5 miles by land or water from the Ledges.

Your kids ages will not limit you on doing anything or going anywhere. My boys are 13 and 9 and have been on LOTO since before they could walk.
+ 1. My son was 6 when we first started going back to LOTO. He'll be 21 this summer.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks again to everyone. My wife now sees why I'm constantly on offshoreonly.

I gave her the link to this posting and she is blown away by all your great info.

Hoping to make this trip a several times a year thing for us since if all goes well this September.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coopsmirage
Thanks again to everyone. My wife now sees why I'm constantly on offshoreonly.

I gave her the link to this posting and she is blown away by all your great info.

Hoping to make this trip a several times a year thing for us since if all goes well this September.
Another option for convenience,,, Southwood Shores, ramp trailer storage all onsite, gated
Old 04-24-2014, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by CrownHawg
I know I said we stayed at the Kapilana last year, only because we made reservations late for the Shootout, but we have reservations at the Ledges for June, and I know they have a trailer storage area located at the condos(Kapilana did as well). We plan on dunking the boat at PB2, then the GF will head back over to the Ledges, where I have a slip rented. Drop trailer and commence to have fun! First time staying at the Ledges, so I can't comment on the facility yet though.
Crown- we have owned a place at Kapilana for about 11 years now. Not the most glitzy place on the lake, as it is an older complex, but it has a few things going for it. We all know what it is like to lug things up and down to the boat, and at Kapilana, the steps are at a minimum. By both water and land, it has a tremendous location. No goat paths to drive on, and so many things are within 15 minutes by land or by sea. With it being an older complex, the cost of rentals is also pretty low. In fact, they even have some "beach house" units that are basically one big room with two queen beds and a kitchenette (and a bathroom) that rent for $100 a night (+/- depending upon season).

www.Kapilana.net

You will also enjoy the ledges, especially if you decide to spend more time inside the condo. The units are nicer, no doubt, but it can be a haul to the boat slips, depending on where you are at. Great location by land and by water.

http://www.pmglakeozark.com/theledges/home.asp

That all said, there are many, many other complexes on the lake that are great places to stay. It would be my suggestion to stay within the 15-25 milemarker range on the Osage Beach side of the lake, as it will put you in the thick of things. One day you can head towards the dam and enjoy everything that direction has to offer, while another day you can head up the other way and explore, without covering the same ground (as you would if you stayed down by the dam). After 11 years of owning and 30 years of visiting, I still see new things each and every time on the lake.

I know that this is a performance boating site, but if you are a fisherman, it is one of the best fisheries in the country, and all of the docks makes for terrific structure. To me, fresh crappies or bass on the grill tops off any great day on the lake. Have fun!!!

Last edited by 36Tango; 04-24-2014 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:00 AM
Registered

Sunset Beach Resort has most everything your asking for, its not a condo, the cottages and homes are nice in my opinion, FYI the shoreline lower units have a little musty smell which is not overwhelming, just light a candle, i always stay in the upper level units which all are close to your covered slip, they have a boat ramp but anything over 25' boat it will drag the truck down the steep ramp, I just launch at the park and the wife drives the truck and trailer back and I will deal with the trailer parking at the resort, swimming pool, a small beach, gas dock, mm 17 I think, but the same cove as Back Water Jacks, which on a busy evening for them its entertainment just to sit on your dock with a beer or 2, in Sept. I would imagine its not going to be anything crazy busy, its 2 minutes from the shopping on the strip in Osage. Tom and Karen are the owners which do a fantastic job.

http://sunsetbr.com/

888-786-5253
Old 04-24-2014, 08:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CrownHawg
Hawg - The Ledges does not have onsite trailer parking. The have an overflow parking lot on the 3rd level but not trailer parking. This is place is next to ledges and offers trailer parking and boat ramp.
Surdyke's Port 20
5395 Spruce Lane
Osage Beach MO 65065
Phone: (573) 348-3178
Phone: 888-575-9283
Old 04-25-2014, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I was concidering a trip to loto this year trying to get out and see what else is out there other than our three trips to Cumberland a year. But it is hard to turn down a free house boat to stay on. With that being said how is the water patrol etc at Loto Do they give you crap for documented boats? How are they about drinking Sober captain of course but the people riding in the boat? Just want to know what to prepare for so our weekend wont be ruined
Old 04-25-2014, 11:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by redsled33
I was concidering a trip to loto this year trying to get out and see what else is out there other than our three trips to Cumberland a year. But it is hard to turn down a free house boat to stay on. With that being said how is the water patrol etc at Loto Do they give you crap for documented boats? How are they about drinking Sober captain of course but the people riding in the boat? Just want to know what to prepare for so our weekend wont be ruined
Lots of boats down there are now documented with the Coast Guard so no worries about that. They do love to do 'safety checks' and will pull you over if it looks like you are having too much fun! I would say water patrol is very strict on drinking and driving but if you have a sober driver they will check you out the boat and do the life jacket check etc and send you on your way.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:50 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but when we used to go down to LOTO we stayed at Lazy Days Resort. Its a condo rental...they have their own launch ramp there. Covered boat slips usually come with the condo rental. There's a pool for kids if need be....its nice and quiet....and its one cove over from Party Cove so getting harassed by the water patrol really isn't an issue is you want to just idle back to the condo.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.