Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Recommendations for 1st LOTO trip.... Where to stay? >

Recommendations for 1st LOTO trip.... Where to stay?

Notices

Recommendations for 1st LOTO trip.... Where to stay?

Old 04-25-2014, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by formularacing
Sunset Beach Resort has most everything your asking for, its not a condo, the cottages and homes are nice in my opinion, FYI the shoreline lower units have a little musty smell which is not overwhelming, just light a candle, i always stay in the upper level units which all are close to your covered slip, they have a boat ramp but anything over 25' boat it will drag the truck down the steep ramp, I just launch at the park and the wife drives the truck and trailer back and I will deal with the trailer parking at the resort, swimming pool, a small beach, gas dock, mm 17 I think, but the same cove as Back Water Jacks, which on a busy evening for them its entertainment just to sit on your dock with a beer or 2, in Sept. I would imagine its not going to be anything crazy busy, its 2 minutes from the shopping on the strip in Osage. Tom and Karen are the owners which do a fantastic job.

http://sunsetbr.com/

888-786-5253
stayed at sunsets a couple time,s nice place launched my 42 fountain there , it works , slip,s are too small .
Old 04-25-2014, 02:01 PM
Registered

One more to ponder:

http://www.racquetandcountryclub.com/

Stayed there last year for the shootout, it is at MM4 and has some covered slips for rent and its own ramp. The ramp is a little tight but I was able to launch and retrieve my 280ss with no problem. The condo was exceptionally nice, nice pool area. The condos are up on a hill so not right on the lake, about a two minute drive down the marina and beach. Marina is way off the main channel so no wave worries at all. 5-20 minute drive to just about anything. Have fun
Old 04-25-2014, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a have a great deal on a condo at the ledges set up for mid September.

Thanks to everyone on the help.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:41 PM
Registered

If you ever head to Lake Geneva shoot me a PM. We are there most weekends. It would be great to talk boats and Lake of the Ozarks.