Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
DCB's...  why ya all selling?? >

DCB's... why ya all selling??

Notices

DCB's... why ya all selling??

Old 05-02-2014, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

The sad part about this thread is someone started it by asking a legit question based on their observations about why so many DCB's are for sale (personally I didn't really notice that there was or wasn't a spike nor have I compared it to other brands for sale) & it's gotten all sorts of sideways over which Cat is better than the other, faster, attention to detail, more sea worthy etc all of which are worth discussing IF the thread subject was "How do DCB's, Skaters & MTI's Compare" or something of that nature.

IMO the only fact mentioned in this thread is the fact that MY 2007 Skater 30 w/ ILMOR 710's & INDY drives is in fact for sale & I'd like to thank Daddy for that mention. You may find a link to my classified below!

With that said lets get back on subject or just move on if there's not really anything of substance that supports the thread subject!! I read the thread b/c I thought it was an interesting observation & was seeking answers as to why. Unfortunately I've learned allot about nothing related to the thread subject.

Last edited by NASCAT; 05-02-2014 at 07:41 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Nascat.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree with Nascat also. There are pro's and con's for all models. It is great to have so many builders to choose from! What ever floats your boat!
Originally Posted by NASCAT
The sad part about this thread is someone started it by asking a legit question based on their observations about why so many DCB's are for sale (personally I didn't really notice that there was or wasn't a spike nor have I compared it to other brands for sale) & it's gotten all sorts of sideways over which Cat is better than the other, faster, attention to detail, more sea worthy etc all of which are worth discussing IF the thread subject was "How do DCB's, Skaters & MTI's Compare" or something of that nature.

IMO the only fact mentioned in this thread is the fact that MY 2007 Skater 30 w/ ILMOR 710's & INDY drives is in fact for sale & I'd like to thank Daddy for that mention. You may find a link to my classified below!

With that said lets get back on subject or just move on if there's not really anything of substance that supports the thread subject!! I read the thread b/c I thought it was an interesting observation & was seeking answers as to why. Unfortunately I've learned allot about nothing related to the thread subject.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:07 AM
Registered

" I agree with nascat".... here comes the bandwagon followers.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by daddy
" I agree with nascat".... here comes the bandwagon followers.
Don't be a hater just b/c some OSO'rs appreciate members who respect others opinions, understand what the forums are about & don't speak out of their

With 38 posts & 10% of those offering absolutely NO CONTRIBUTION within this thread I expect your bandwagon to arrive........... well actually I'm not sure if or when they'll arrive but feel free to continue to improve your likability here, your doing a bang up job at it!

As in the past just my $.02!
Old 05-02-2014, 09:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Don't be a hater just b/c some OSO'rs appreciate members who respect others opinions, understand what the forums are about & don't speak out of their

With 38 posts & 10% of those offering absolutely NO CONTRIBUTION within this thread I expect your bandwagon to arrive........... well actually I'm not sure if or when they'll arrive but feel free to continue to improve your likability here, your doing a bang up job at it!

As in the past just my $.02!
Well spoken. purrfection and I agree with you.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:45 AM
Registered

I am not saying that Skaters are not great boats, they are. I have driven many and enjoy them very much. Are they faster then a DCB HP to HP yea. Does a DCB have its strengths also, yes. Especially if you boat on inland waters which is what they were designed for. DCB's are not marketed as, nor am I saying, they are the fastest, or best built, or nicest boat around. Listen, for most people, there is always someone else faster and with a nicer boat. They simply do what they do very well, no more, no less.

I first responded to this thread simply pointing out that some DCB's that were for sale have sold at what I believe is a pretty good price from a value retention perspective. The value of used well optioned DCB's seem to have increased this year which is great for DCB owners.

So many people want to get into a pissing match and create drama by making comments like training wheels, windshield design and how a boater uses/enjoys their boat. That said we enjoy the attention to detail and performance DCB places in the construction of their boats. I could have bought a Skater but for now this boat fits the bill for me. Additionally, for my family we do most of our boating on Colorado river and lakes where beaching our boat is commonplace and we prefer the ease of a capsule boat vs a windshield boat. It is a matter of preference, why do people have to get personal by launching salvos and pick apart what turns one person on vs another.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd love the market to get flooded, maybe one day the prices will get to a point I could have one Keep selling people!
Old 05-02-2014, 10:17 AM
Gold Member

Default dcb

Originally Posted by Captain YARRR
I'd love the market to get flooded, maybe one day the prices will get to a point I could have one Keep selling people!
don did you buy your boat john beck great boat
Old 05-02-2014, 10:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cmeir
don did you buy your boat john beck great boat
I did. Could not have bought a boat from a better guy and boat owner. John took great pride in ownership and maintenance/ care was what you would expect from an enthusiast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.