Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need help! What make and model is this hull? >

Need help! What make and model is this hull?

Notices

Need help! What make and model is this hull?

Old 05-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

i don't see the resemblance.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:45 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by 90widow
CXN are the first 3 letters in the vin. Where can I look up the information for this?
http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/mic1.aspx

CXN = Crusader Boats Inc
Old 05-03-2014, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THAT SPEED WAS WITH 2- 240LB GUYS, LIGHT GAS LOAD - 8in CHOP ON AN OTHERWISE CALM SAN DIEGO BAY.
I'VE RUN IT STRIGHT ON IN 3-4 FT SEAS - ITS ROUGH, IN A SIT DOWN BOAT BUT FIND THE RHYTHM AND ABOUT 40-45MPH AND YOU'LL GET SOME SPRAY OF COURSE AND ARE LAUNCHING ALOT. BUT ON SMOOTH OCEAN SWELLS YOU CAN RUN THAT SPEED WITH THE OCCASIONAL LAUNCH AND RELATIVELY SMOOTH RE-ENTRY. JUST ENOUGH TO MAKE IT FUN. ON A NICE DAY LIKE THAT I RAN FROM SAN DIEGO TO LONG BEACH AND BACK AND WOULD TAKE HER OUT OF SIGHT OF LAND IN MAINE, SAME OFF CAPE CANAVERAL ,FL. AND CORPUS CHRISTI, TX - YEAH THAT BOAT FOLLOWED ME AROUND THE COUNTRY BACK IN THE DAY.
IN MY OPINION AND EXPERIENCE- IF YOUR NOT OUT TRYING TO STAY WITH THE DEEP V'S BUSTIN' OCEAN WAVES LIKE 24' P/D,PANTERA,ETC.. IT WOULD BE A GREAT BAY, NICE DAY ON THE OCEAN BOAT- USED SENSIBLY.
BELIEVE ME 80 IN THAT BOAT WILL FEEL FAST UNLESS YOUR USED TO DRAG BOATS......LOL
AND THE BEST PART IS 50 GAL. OF GAS WILL LAST YOU ALL DAY.
HERES A PIC IN THE WATER ON SKI ISLAND OFF MERRITT ISL. FL.
FLOATING FREE OF THE BEACH SHE RIDES A 6IN ABOVE THE BOTTOM BLACK LINE ON THE OTHER PIC.

Old 05-03-2014, 03:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
Thank you. I will try to contact them for some info.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by maroonknighty
i don't see the resemblance.
the deck is totally different-yes
i'm talking from the rail down - his, a little more freeboard,port holes, but its 3' longer .and from the chine down
Old 05-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JETTDOGG
THAT SPEED WAS WITH 2- 240LB GUYS, LIGHT GAS LOAD - 8in CHOP ON AN OTHERWISE CALM SAN DIEGO BAY.
I'VE RUN IT STRIGHT ON IN 3-4 FT SEAS - ITS ROUGH, IN A SIT DOWN BOAT BUT FIND THE RHYTHM AND ABOUT 40-45MPH AND YOU'LL GET SOME SPRAY OF COURSE AND ARE LAUNCHING ALOT. BUT ON SMOOTH OCEAN SWELLS YOU CAN RUN THAT SPEED WITH THE OCCASIONAL LAUNCH AND RELATIVELY SMOOTH RE-ENTRY. JUST ENOUGH TO MAKE IT FUN. ON A NICE DAY LIKE THAT I RAN FROM SAN DIEGO TO LONG BEACH AND BACK AND WOULD TAKE HER OUT OF SIGHT OF LAND IN MAINE, SAME OFF CAPE CANAVERAL ,FL. AND CORPUS CHRISTI, TX - YEAH THAT BOAT FOLLOWED ME AROUND THE COUNTRY BACK IN THE DAY.
IN MY OPINION AND EXPERIENCE- IF YOUR NOT OUT TRYING TO STAY WITH THE DEEP V'S BUSTIN' OCEAN WAVES LIKE 24' P/D,PANTERA,ETC.. IT WOULD BE A GREAT BAY, NICE DAY ON THE OCEAN BOAT- USED SENSIBLY.
BELIEVE ME 80 IN THAT BOAT WILL FEEL FAST UNLESS YOUR USED TO DRAG BOATS......LOL
AND THE BEST PART IS 50 GAL. OF GAS WILL LAST YOU ALL DAY.
HERES A PIC IN THE WATER ON SKI ISLAND OFF MERRITT ISL. FL.
FLOATING FREE OF THE BEACH SHE RIDES A 6IN ABOVE THE BOTTOM BLACK LINE ON THE OTHER PIC.

Sounds great for just what I had in mind. I'm down in the south Florida area. Was thinking just for bay use and really nice flat days in the ocean. Thanks for the info. Defiantly gives more of an idea what I'm working with and 80 is well more than needed lol. I'll be happy with 65-70.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:41 AM
Registered

I looked at that boat 2 years ago over near naples FL, it's similar to a superboat, but the whole thing is rotten, or at least it was 2 years ago. trailer that it was sitting on wouldn't make it 1 mile.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Registered

Have someone run the fl registration number. that should give the basic hull details
Old 05-04-2014, 11:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by spirtofamericaracing
I looked at that boat 2 years ago over near naples FL, it's similar to a superboat, but the whole thing is rotten, or at least it was 2 years ago. trailer that it was sitting on wouldn't make it 1 mile.
Yeah interior has been completely stripped. Trailer if you can call it that is unrepairable. What was he asking for it then?
Old 05-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

That's a Warlock