Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
MyWay II... You won't believe your eyes! >

MyWay II... You won't believe your eyes!

Notices

MyWay II... You won't believe your eyes!

Old 08-18-2002, 07:08 PM
ronrally

Talking MyWay II... You won't believe your eyes!

I was out in the 1000 Islands today and I saw Bill Tomlinson's new MyWay boat several times. I'm starting to think that he drives this thing for fun! LOL
I was rafted up with a friend's boat with our engines off and we heard a weird rumble in the distance. I looked up and saw a big yellow barn with a violent snow storm behind it. No wait. It's big bad Bill in his bad-ass Skater. It is absolutely awsome. The noise is so sweet. The boat floats along at 150 MPH as smooth as silk. I swear I peed my pants. Has anybody else seen it yet. I'm sorry I still have no pictures.

Later.

Ronny.

P.S. If anybody out there knows Mr. Tomlinson, let him know that I'll be docked in Brockville next weekend to see the drive-by. WE WANT TO SEE 200 MPH!!!

Old 08-18-2002, 07:21 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That had to be cool. To bad you didn't have a camera.
Old 08-18-2002, 07:28 PM
ronrally

Default The man without a camera...

Yeah Sorry. I swear that I'll never venture out onto the river again without a camera around my neck. I got an up close and personal view of the boat two weeks ago at the Brockville Car show. I didn't even know who owned it then. Now I feel like I've known the boat for ever. I'll look for it every time I go out now. Am I a boat groupie? That's sad! Too bad. I love it. This boat changed my life, I swear. I love the sound of piston motors, but it seems that the Turbines are the only way to get to crazy speeds while still keeping a safe amount of the hull in the water. Speaking of which. It really looked like he had the boat trimmed all the way down... No rooster tail at all! Perhaps he doesn't even know what this boat will do if he trims it out!?!

Ronny

Old 08-18-2002, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw it yesterday at Lake Cumberland Marine. Has to be the same boat. I hope it runs the pokerrun in 3 weeks. I would like to see that.
Old 08-18-2002, 09:03 PM
Registered

CFD,
I would say the boat you saw was probably not Bill's. He only goes to 2 places with his boat. In the summer it's in the 1000 islands and in the winter he sometime takes it to Ft. Lauderdale.
Old 08-18-2002, 09:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

lake cumberland has bills old boat
Old 08-18-2002, 10:10 PM
Registered

The boat i saw was My Way, Not My WayII. It definetly had turbines and it definetly was Yellow. Also during my travels yesterday I saw a big cat (unknown make) with 4 outboards. It had a big spider down the side of it. It was n. bound I-75. Southbound I-75 I saw another big Skater but I can't remember the name.
Old 08-19-2002, 08:41 AM
Registered

I saw him Saturday afternoon a couple of times, just north of Brockville, huge rooster tail! Looked to me like he has it 'dialed-in'.
It was pretty windy and choppy yesterday, perhaps he had it trimmed down because of conditions. That thing sure is sweet!
Old 08-19-2002, 10:58 AM
Registered

If the guy saw MYWAY in the 1000 Islands I believe him,I know where Bills cottage is and I saw his boat there Saturday night.He has had it back in the water this past week prepping it for the run this coming weekend.His old boat is still floating around the area I am told.But as for his new boat.It is awesome.
Old 08-19-2002, 11:11 AM
Registered

I was at Thousand Islands two weeks ago and saw both of Bills boats (the old and new My Way) I also saw Her Way, A sweet cruiser. I talked to him on Saturday when he was leaving from Bolt Castle. Very nice guy. He said he wasn't sure of the speed cause he was still dialing things in. It is one very cool boat and I love to hear him start it up.

Jay, The house I saw him launching the boat from was on the Canadian side of the river just about a 1/4 mile north the the bridge. If that's his...that's not what I'd call a Cottage...The place is huge.

Gig

Quick Reply: MyWay II... You won't believe your eyes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.