Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I need opinions on the stripe & logo layout >

I need opinions on the stripe & logo layout

Notices

I need opinions on the stripe & logo layout

Old 05-09-2014, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since I now own a vinyl plotter/cutter..... I will cut the lower stripes (blue 1-3/4" and Line green 3/4") and put them on as I have to to hide the previous stripe history (discoloration). And since I have the plotter and material, I will cut and put the upper stripes on one side. If they look good, I will finish the other side. If not, I'm not out anything extra as I had to buy the roll for the lower stripes and no one is charging me extra for additional stripes. Now I get to try all kinds of things (with the new plotter).......
Old 05-09-2014, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Now the big question is.... What else are you gonna do with that plotter/cutter?
Old 05-11-2014, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post of some pictures when you get the stripes on. I actually have green flames with a purple shadow on my Harley and it looks awesome.

Last edited by Jonesyfxr; 05-11-2014 at 07:10 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
Now the big question is.... What else are you gonna do with that plotter/cutter?
Once I get it figured out.... I will be able to do graphics up to 24" tall. So registration numbers and transom names will be a nice source of side $$. One thing I refuse to cut are the "spiked hair guy peeing on things" and the stick people families you see on the back window of mini vans.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jonesyfxr
Post of some pictures when you get the stripes on. I actually have green flames with a purple shadow on my Harley and it looks awesome.

Picks will be posted once done. I should be cutting the graphics toward end of the week. If weather permits I should be putting them on next weekend. Still working on the cockpit (gutted it so I can wheel out/polish the inner liner walls and center console). Also partially redoing the panels and seat (recovering a few panels and replacing welt core/piping on all of the interior pieces to match the new color scheme)...
Old 05-20-2014, 09:17 AM
Registered

While I still haven't decided on the stripe layout quite yet, I have finalized and cut the new "Concept 30" logos and stripes. Here is a pic of the new logo cut and taped to the boat. (the colors aren't as bright as they will be because the application tape is still on. You can see the real colors in the photo showing the rolls of stripes. Have a few more hours in wetsanding and polishing before I can put the new graphics on...

Old 05-20-2014, 09:23 AM
Registered

After getting the Radar Arch back from the Powder Coater, I realized there was a lot of pitting where the antenna brackets were mounted. No one will really see it since it is on top of the arch, but it still bothered me. Since I now have a vinyl plotter at my disposal, I decided to cover that area up with a "Concept" sticker. It doesn't completely hide the pitting, it certainly covers it up pretty good. Plus anyone flying overhead will know it's a Concept. Which has given me an idea.... Since the Detroit River is an International boarder, we often have Helicopters flying over (boarder patrol). It might be fun to put a message for our local law enforcement officers on the top of the arch

Old 05-20-2014, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I like option one the best but none of them look bad. I had a Donzi 22zx with a blue and yellow bootstripe and that boat got compliments everywhere I went.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:22 PM
Registered

Got the boat wheeled out yesterday evening. I didn't have much light left, but did manage to get the new graphic put on. I hope to get the stripes done this weekend.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:21 PM
Registered

Finally! After stepping back and looking at it, I was not pleased with my wet sanding job. After being wheeled out is was just too cloudy in places. So I ended up using a DA w/800 grit, wet block sanding with 1000 and then 1200 using a guide coat in between (to insure I didn't miss any scratches or low spots). After that got her wheeled out again. Then the stripes and Registration numbers went on. Even though the boat looked really good in the pics with a top and bottom set of stripes, it didn't look very good in person. So I went with the bottom stripe only and it turned out great. These colors really pop on the bright white hull. I redid the interior vinyl (panels/seats) and dash panel to match, also added blue LEDs. Since this thread was about the stripe, I will just post the finished product. However, I will be posting in either the project/restore area and/or the concept area.

Last edited by low_psi; 05-26-2014 at 10:27 PM.