Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sabatical is over - I'm back! >

Sabatical is over - I'm back!

Notices

Sabatical is over - I'm back!

Old 08-19-2002, 11:28 AM
Uncle Toys

Default Sabatical is over - I'm back!

Well, did you miss me? Back in the office after eight weeks off. Cloths don’t fit anymore, shoes hurt, couldn’t remember my password and still have 1480 emails to get through. Damn!

So what’s new on the board? What did you guys do with Supercrash and Catmando? Someone send me a pm, dying to hear the dirt. How come Lutz hasn’t posted any pictures?

Old 08-19-2002, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UT,

Welcome back my friend! I hope you are well rested. Getting up this morning must have SUCKED! I hope you were able to really enjoy your self. SC is outta here. Catmando, has been laying low. Not sure of his status. I am going to the 1000 Islands this weekend running my boat at the BIG poker run. Aside from that....
Old 08-19-2002, 12:46 PM
Registered

Default Welcome back UT

8 wks?? Boy I'm J!

S.A.M. is likely headed to Loto with his spinich supply by now, kids back in school today- quiet at the home office- ahhhhhhhhhhhh!
Ken
Old 08-19-2002, 02:06 PM
Registered

UT, Good to see you and Kathy last week. We just rolled into town from Havasu and I want to go right back the weather sucks here. Talk with you soon.

Douggie Fresh
Old 08-19-2002, 02:20 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

What's the status of the motors/blowers?
Old 08-19-2002, 02:53 PM
Uncle Toys

Shane – Getting up wasn’t so bad this morning probably because of the novelty factor. Bet tomorrow will suck though. Have a lot of fun on the Bloomberg this morning!

Cattitude – Did you go any further on selling your Daytona? SAM trailored his boat out to LOTO? Man, that likes to travel. I assume he got his drive fixed.

Douggie Fresh – Guess what Kathy and I did Saturday, we met with a real estate agent down at the Coronado Cays and looked at houses on the water with boat docks. Sick!

Cord – Replaced the blown-up engine with a new one and took the blower off the old. Now I am back to stock engines but still geared and propped for the blowers. Boy am I slow now. But the good news is, my wife is starting to get over it – so I am going to call a couple of engine builders this week and start planning the winter project(s).

Old 08-19-2002, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 2,956 Likes on 981 Posts

Joe, you down to go back to Havasu mid to late Sept.??? Let's do this brother Good to see you back safe and sound. Tell Kathy and the girls Kelly and I said hi.

Tank
Old 08-19-2002, 04:28 PM
Uncle Toys

Hey Tank, going back to Havasu for Labor Day weekend. Then, late September, early October is our favorite time of the year at the lake. Will probably be there every weekend. When’s the Fall Heat Wave poker run? Do all you SCOPE guys go up for that also?

Old 08-19-2002, 06:34 PM
Registered

Default Hi Joe!

Welcome back to OSO.....missed you!!

Lutz got your email a while ago, but we have been infected with some gawd awful virus , so he finally had to walk away from the computer before he threw the thing out the window. I thought it best if I replied to ya!

The LutzParty is for sale, so the Shootout weekend at LOTO could be the swan song for the pole. We decided to sell the cruiser, keep the condo, and then next spring or fall perhaps buy a performance boat...nothing fancy, but something to be able to halfway keep up with all you folks!! We'll have to see how things play out the rest of the year here.

I am going to teach again this year and I start next Monday. The day after the shootout weekend.......uugggghhhh!!!!!!! Could be a rough first day for Miss Amy. LOL

Our kids started back to school last week, but we are all still trying to get back into the routine of things. Big news though.....our daughter, Alex got up on one ski last week. Slaloming at 8 years old...not bad!! And Sam has fell in love with wakeboarding. I tried it too.....gotta admit, it's pretty fun! Also, Alex and I double skiied for the first time. I got up on my trick skiis and she got up on her pair of regular skiis. It was so fun!

Sorry to ramble...

Hope all is well with you and your family. Tell them all hello.
Old 08-19-2002, 07:06 PM
Uncle Toys

“Swan song for the pole”? I believe I just heard a collective sigh from a thousand members of OSO. But if your keeping the condo and selling the cruiser to buy a performance boat, that sounds pretty kewl.

I’m probably the slowest member on the board, but “teaching” and “Miss Amy,” hmmm, is that where your display name came from?

I know what you mean about getting back in the routine – this is tough. After eight weeks of wearing nothing but a bathing suit, putting the business suit on this morning was a major pain.

Don’t let Kevin kill the computer – see you around the board.

Quick Reply: Sabatical is over - I'm back!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.