Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ok Chicago/Indiana/West Michigan, whats next ? >

Ok Chicago/Indiana/West Michigan, whats next ?

Notices

Ok Chicago/Indiana/West Michigan, whats next ?

Old 08-20-2002, 08:28 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by candyman35

32fever,
Do you like the idea of meeting up at MC?
How do you think docking will be at Michigan City?
I'm up for anything as long as I'm boating and not working!!!!!!
Dan
Well, I'm up for it. The only down side is what Payton mentions. Finding a place to slip will likely be difficult. I suppose we could just raft off the end of the line of boat show boats and all put for sale signs out and hope for the best so we can move up. LOL!

It seems like they do shoot them quite far out into the river, so I'd imagine passing is tight in the channel, too.

We're flexible. Like ya say, beat's workin'.

Intolerant....Dont' forget to make sure you hook up the down and out-riggers. Now there's a site! "The exahust noise stimulates the fish and draws them into the vibrations...I said the exhaust noise stim....."

Mark
Old 08-20-2002, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Well-------guess what gang? I will NOT be in the water this weekend. The driveshafts are too long and has to be shortend to accomodate the Drive Savers. Also, we need some different angle fittings to get some other stuff to fit, but we're hangin' in there.
Old 08-20-2002, 10:19 PM
Member since the start
Charter Member

I would be interested in hooking up with you guys on Sunday. I was plannnig on taking the boat out for a short blast. Michigan City sounds cool but my biggest concern is docking. Any alternatives? I wouldn't be opposed to paying some $$$$ if we could get decent docking! Even if we had to leave the boats somewhere and go to the show I would make arrangements to bring along some security that would stay with our boats. What time would you be looking at Sunday?
Old 08-20-2002, 11:04 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by KAAMA
Well-------guess what gang? I will NOT be in the water this weekend. The driveshafts are too long and has to be shortend to accomodate the Drive Savers. Also, we need some different angle fittings to get some other stuff to fit, but we're hangin' in there.
You're killin' me. I have to say, Mark, you are one of the most patient people I think I've ever met. Wish I had more of that quality myself.
Old 08-21-2002, 07:14 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Mark!!!what the heck is going on?????your going to need a boat fix soon! If you need a ride just call!!!!
Old 08-21-2002, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally posted by 32fever

You're killin' me. I have to say, Mark, you are one of the most patient people I think I've ever met. Wish I had more of that quality myself.
32Fever---Mark, thanks for the kind words. I really have been trying to be patient and keep a cool head about the boat overall------especially with the people I have delt with. Last night I lost it a little bit though. It's hard keeping track of all the bolts/fittings i.e sizes, threads, hardness, lengths, etc. and last night I put a bolt in (external steering transom bracket) in a bracket that I thought was the correct length and it wasn't and I threw it across the shop! I "WENT OFF" for about two minutes, and even said a few cuss words to boot! I really embarrassed myself in front of the guy who is helping me. I wasn't mad at him or blaming him, but I felt terrible and apologized to him for acting like that. I told him it's foolish to let a stupid boat get to me like that. He didn't say much---I think I suprised him when I went off------I really felt like I BLEW IT! Seems like he is the patient one---patient with ME that is! Working on this thing for the last 8 weeks is wearing on me a little. I guess it's the little nickle & dime stuff that irritates me and all the runnin' around I have to do to get it. But about 99% of the time I believe I have been handling it pretty well and I have to keep the right perspective on this boat thing------God has blessed me with my boat, and my boat is NOT my life and I can't take it with me when I die. It;s not a perfect world and things don't always happen the way we want them to. Bad/disappointing things happen-----It's how we handle ourselves when the bad stuff DOES happen and I am not going to let that boat dictate my life and attitude. But if I let it---it will! But it has definately challengened my patience for sure. Anyway, we're getting there----little by little, a little here and a little there, here a little and there a little------line upon line, presept upon presept my boat is coming together---Amen. (BTW, Amen means "so be it")
Old 08-21-2002, 05:29 PM
Registered

Does anyone know what it costs to rent an air-dock lift in Chicago, Indiana or Michigan?
Old 08-21-2002, 06:05 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Austin,
You have to buy the lift if you want to be in Hammond and it is an additional $300 for the season over the price of the slip rental.
Hydro Hoist is the only one they let you use and new they cost about $1000 per lb of lifting capacity. plus delivery.
You can go to Hammonds web site for slip fees.
Mark
Old 08-21-2002, 06:54 PM
Intolerant1

"even said a few cuss words to boot"

What did boot say ? yuk yuk yuk

South Haven to Michigan City is a pretty good run for our 26 footer. Ill stay tuned just in case we have great water. I have exactly two weeks left to %&^% off then I get cut open. Summer is closing fast. In the interest of enjoying whats left i hit about 180mph on the bike today. Left my GPS on the boat though so I cant be exact. Those speedo numbers are real small at those speeds

Old 08-21-2002, 07:06 PM
Intolerant1

Anyone have the GPS numbers for Michigan City in case we haed that way. Ive never been there.

Quick Reply: Ok Chicago/Indiana/West Michigan, whats next ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.