Just went to Lake Castaic...Signs of HTM accident evident >

Just went to Lake Castaic...Signs of HTM accident evident

Notices

Just went to Lake Castaic...Signs of HTM accident evident

Old 08-19-2002, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 3,013 Likes on 987 Posts
Unhappy Just went to Lake Castaic...Signs of HTM accident evident

I haven't been to Castaic for over a year...well before the HTM accident. I wanted to get the boat up there on some nice controled water (not the ocean) so I can take all day breaking the motor in. We get on the water at like noon and the first thing we noticed was the loooooooong list of rules they hand out. Then they made a huge deal over my CF numbers not being on the boat (they never have been ) but they've never said anything about this in the past. I asked the guy if things are tighter because of the HTM thing and he said "Oh yea!"

The next thing I noticed after I get the boat on the lake is all the 35 MPH markers all over the lake that were never there before. Then the fact the lifegaurd boats are stratigicaly placed all over the lake, never lilke that before. So I get the boat going, see no life guard boats and get into it a little We pull into the narrows and I hear lights and sirens coming from behind us...Now I'm thinking, they can't be coming for me but I slow. When they FINALLY catch up they say they got me at 59 on radar!!! Whats up with that!? Radar on the lake, I almost laughed out loud! Of course I was pretty happy because I was only at about half throttle at like 4 pounds boost (Boats running gooooood!)

So I get talking to the cops who are LA County Police and they say they are not giving out warnings anymore and the speed limit is strictly enforced ever since the HTM accident. luckily the guy actually lived down the street from me and did give us a warning

So anyway that was that, needless to say I probably wont be going back to Castaic anymore. My boat just lugs along at 35 and it is boring as all hell. Just a sign of the times, it's too bad though. Just thought I'd give an update on that lake, sorry it was so long

Tank
Old 08-19-2002, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tank,

I had heard that things were pretty bad at Castaic as far as the speed limit, etc....I think that some people are going to Pyramid instead.

If you were going at 59 MPH with half throttle, does that mean you will go 118 at full throttle???

You going to be at the poker run this weekend??
Old 08-19-2002, 04:33 PM
Registered

Yea! I wish 118 at full!! The only prob. with going to pyramid is towing up the grade!

I think we are going to roll to Long Beach Saturday, party a little stay down there and just putt around on Sunday while everyone is doing the run...I still have a couple of hours left breaking the motor in. Hope to see you down there.

Tank
Old 08-19-2002, 05:16 PM
Registered

Tank,

I'll be at the poker run all weekend so keep an eye out for me. I'll probably be the only Shockwave there. You have a Baja, right? I'll watch for you..

Greg
Old 08-19-2002, 05:18 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Good to know people ay Tank!!!

Glad the boat is running well for ya. Hey maybe if you did not have 150 subs in the back of the truck you would not have a problem with the grade!!!!
Old 08-19-2002, 05:58 PM
Mike J

Tank: Missed seeing Ya at
Huntington Beach.
With all the long hours on
The ETTORE Boat I was lucky to stay awake all day.
It ran perty good for just
10min running on Sat.
Rique finally got the bugs
worked out a finished 1st
in class.
The overall winner was Coby Klein with his new
sponser Ettore and new
Sterling Motors.
We did all the work at cobys shop.
Both Nigels Scarab and the
Ettore boat were running
the New Vortex/GM Motors
inline with Weismann Trans
and drives.
See Ya at the Ventura Race
Mike J.

Old 08-19-2002, 06:58 PM
Registered

Tank-

I figured it would be like that, that's why I haven't been there.......just like you. One thing is for sure, they would have given me the ticket.
Old 08-19-2002, 08:09 PM
Registered

Greg,

I'll look for you out there. I'll recognize your boat.

Mr. Offshore,

It's funny you said something about fishing on that lake....In the rules handout they gave us it stated "NO FISHING!!"

Audio,

Music is very important to me man....And it's not 150 subs it's only 12!!

Mike,

Glad to hear things are going well. We'll have to hook up and talk about things here soon. Are you going to be at the scope run??

Nort,

I don't know man, I think you throw that charm on and you'd be able to get out of that ticket too!! I have faith in you