Not A Single Member Should Give River Side Marina Their Business >

Not A Single Member Should Give River Side Marina Their Business

Notices

Not A Single Member Should Give River Side Marina Their Business

Old 05-25-2014, 11:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
I don't believe a single member of OSO should give River Side Marina of Houston, TX a single dime of their money. After the way the owner just treated my wife and I today we decided to to see what others have experienced and this is what we learned about what this business did in February of this year.....

http://www.ktrh.com/articles/houston...vice-12084228/

This is our experience from today, but after learning about how he treated one of our War Veterans our experience isn't all the important, nor does it surprise us. The guy in the video pushing around the camera man is the person we had our experience with! Maybe it was my shaved head that trigger him?!

The owner of this place is an absolute A-hole! My wife and just moved to Houston and we were checking out different places to launch our boat, something we wanted to do before just dragging it to unfamiliar ramps and marinas. We walked down the dock only a few minutes while we checked everything out only to have to owner walk up to us asking, "are you guys meeting a boat!!?" We said "no, we are just checking the place out." He said, "you need to do that from up there!" Pointing to a deck just a couple of steps up. We started to walk back to our truck because of this guys attitude, but I decided to turn around to explain to him what we were doing, told him "we just moved here and was simply looking for places we could bring our boat" and that "we were not acting like A-holes on his dock." He then replied, "how would you like it if just anyone was climbing around on your boat!!" We both replied, "what boats were we climbing around on! We are looking to give you business!!" His reply, "I don't want you F'ing business!!"

Job well done A-hole!!
if it were me that man would be as we call a floater..because like to fight,,ll
Old 05-26-2014, 06:27 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by SummerObsession
Link didn't work, here is the article:

Posted Thursday, February 20th 2014 @ 6am *by*KTRH's Eric Sharp
A former Marine and Gulf War Veteran said he was told to leave a Houston area bar and restaurant because he had his service dog with him.* Don Brown of Spring Texas was given a medical discharge from the Marines after being diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.* About eight months ago he got a service dog named Truman to, as Brown said; help him cope with everyday life.*

According to Brown he met a friend at the River Side Inn Marina in Channelview Wednesday for a burger and he brought Truman with him.* The waitress told Brown the dog could not be there and Brown explained it was a service dog.* The waitress went to check with her manager and that’s when Brown said a man came out from across the room and asked Brown if he was blind.* The Manager didn’t think Truman was a certified service dog and told Brown to leave because of an “attitude problem”.

It is against state and federal law for a business to ask about a person’s disability or to deny service to someone with a service animal.* Brown originally told his story to our t-v partner Local 2 because he said he wanted the whole world to know how he was treated.* The restaurant refused to comment on the incident.***
I wonder what the other side of the story is? What's the attitude problem?
Old 05-26-2014, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a peace time US Navy veteran (1979-1986) and all I can say about this D----head is wow. If he doesn't support our veterans, I won't support his business. Why do you think it is the restaurant refused to comment on the incident?

You local folks should put together a protest outside his business so every passerby or prospective customer knows about his attitude. I say that one good turn deserves another.

Last edited by wingnit; 05-26-2014 at 06:35 AM.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
The funny thing, we have a Belgian Malinois and we usually bring her with us when we're out visiting, but this time we didn't. It would have been funny as hell to imagine what his reaction would have been had she been with us.

For those that aren't familiar with the breed, they are a fan favorite of the U.S. Military.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523778[/ATTACH]
Not to get off subject but, great looking dog! my brother has a 1yr old Malinois and they're one of a kind dogs! Hope you have a great boating season!
Old 05-26-2014, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Their attitude with the press validates everything. Get the word out. Put your reviews on any links to this facility. The power of the internet is awesome!
Old 05-26-2014, 09:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 12meter joe
Not to get off subject but, great looking dog! my brother has a 1yr old Malinois and they're one of a kind dogs! Hope you have a great boating season!
That is not our Malinois, just pulled off the Internet quickly last night. This is her and the last one is with her brother we had to put down the week of our move because Cushings Disease finally caught up with him, probably from all the stress.

They are one of a kind dogs and not for the average dog owner, before we got her, a friend said they are just like German Shepherds on speed!
Attached Thumbnails Not A Single Member Should Give River Side Marina Their Business-img_1917.jpg   Not A Single Member Should Give River Side Marina Their Business-img_1888.jpg   Not A Single Member Should Give River Side Marina Their Business-img_1693.jpg  

Last edited by TW720HVY; 05-26-2014 at 09:09 AM.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

There is one on the cover of this month's National Geographic Magazine, along with an article about war dogs. This video is awesome and worth waiting through the ad. http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/20...gs/layka-video

Last edited by thirdchildhood; 05-26-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
There is one on the cover of this month's National Geographic Magazine, along with an article about war dogs. This video is awesome and worth waiting through the ad. http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/20...gs/layka-video
Thanks, that video had a fantastic message, it made me tear up.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:42 PM
Registered

I've used that ramp once, and it was not a favorite.

There's 2 other ramps up stream that are ok
Old 05-27-2014, 09:14 AM
Registered

Good to know TooTall, after we left this place we headed up towards Houston Lake and happened to stumble upon Good Times Marina. There was a good looking big Formula during our visit, but I think he was having engine problems. We will most likely be giving this ramp a try in the future.

Some have asked if there were signs saying "Members and Guests Only" or "Boat Owners and Passengers Only". The answer to that question is NO, the docks were simply courtesy docks around a bar. Here is a picture from Yahoo Maps, there's been a little more added to the docks since this picture, but this is basically it.
Attached Thumbnails Not A Single Member Should Give River Side Marina Their Business-screen-shot-2014-05-26-6.13.30-pm.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.