Not A Single Member Should Give River Side Marina Their Business >

Not A Single Member Should Give River Side Marina Their Business

Notices

Not A Single Member Should Give River Side Marina Their Business

Old 05-27-2014, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
Good to know TooTall, after we left this place we headed up towards Houston Lake and happened to stumble upon Good Times Marina. There was a good looking big Formula during our visit, but I think he was having engine problems. We will most likely be giving this ramp a try in the future.

Some have asked if there were signs saying "Members and Guests Only" or "Boat Owners and Passengers Only". The answer to that question is NO, the docks were simply courtesy docks around a bar. Here is a picture from Yahoo Maps, there's been a little more added to the docks since this picture, but this is basically it.
Good Times Marina is one of the better ones. It does get busy on the weekends.
Loves Marina is only good at high tide. They have 3 ramps. 1 for jet ski's or other shallow boats, another for 22ft and under boats, and another "sand ramp" for the jet boats. I launched my 27 Fever there once, but needed 4wd to get out. Their ramps litterly fall off to nothing. Great for short boats, but not for long trailers.

The San Jac River is one of the nicer sandy bottom areas. Pay attention to the rail bridge crossing if you go under it. It's the round iron piling. There's some orange arrows pointing to the set to go under.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:47 AM
Registered

Thanks again for the additional information and warnings. Hopefully the first time we run the river we'll have someone with us who knows.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:10 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Times is Ok but the ramp is steep and any boat at the dock gets a beating from wake boats. Loves marina is sheltered but gets overcrowded. Tugboat Annie's (Tugboat Marina) also has a ramp across from Riverside.The other ramps are controlled by neighborhood associations.

There is a new option which is going to be excellent, this is where we held the Winter-nationals this year, the ramp is protected and 3 wide easily.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523837[/ATTACH] This image is about 15 months old, construction is progressing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523841[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]523842[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]523843[/ATTACH]

It is open for use now on weekends http://cycoast.com/directions/

As you can see there is a sandy cove where you can beach your boat, there will be Palapa's constructed shortly to provide shade.

The owner is a good friend, any issues or questions, I can answer or forward to Jack.
Attached Thumbnails Not A Single Member Should Give River Side Marina Their Business-cypresscoast.jpg   Not A Single Member Should Give River Side Marina Their Business-1040759.jpg   Not A Single Member Should Give River Side Marina Their Business-1040765.jpg  

Not A Single Member Should Give River Side Marina Their Business-1040772.jpg  

Last edited by Wobble; 05-27-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 12meter joe
Not to get off subject but, great looking dog! my brother has a 1yr old Malinois and they're one of a kind dogs! Hope you have a great boating season!
When you have a chance you should your brother these pictures, our girl has real issues with loud noises like gunshots and thunderstorms. That is why we have her, no one who wants to work these dogs have need for one that is noise sensitive. Two summers ago my wife and I were out at night when a wicked thunderstorm rolled through our area and it was really bad. Her den is under our bed and she was hell bent, literally, to get under our bed. There is a company in Colorado that sells Malinois proof creates, when I first seen them I was thinking really, does this bread need their own creates? Well after this night they do! It looked like a crime scene when we got home, there was blood everywhere and we lucky she didn't kill herself in the process. We don't create her anymore now that her brother is no longer around.
Attached Thumbnails Not A Single Member Should Give River Side Marina Their Business-img_0957.jpg   Not A Single Member Should Give River Side Marina Their Business-img_0958.jpg   Not A Single Member Should Give River Side Marina Their Business-img_0959.jpg  

Old 05-27-2014, 11:23 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Here is the link to the thread on Navigating the river.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/t...nana-bend.html
Old 05-27-2014, 11:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wobble
Good Times is Ok but the ramp is steep and any boat at the dock gets a beating from wake boats. Loves marina is sheltered but gets overcrowded. Tugboat Annie's (Tugboat Marina) also has a ramp across from Riverside.The other ramps are controlled by neighborhood associations.

There is a new option which is going to be excellent, this is where we held the Winter-nationals this year, the ramp is protected and 3 wide easily.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523837[/ATTACH] This image is about 15 months old, construction is progressing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523841[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]523842[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]523843[/ATTACH]

It is open for use now on weekends http://cycoast.com/directions/

As you can see there is a sandy cove where you can beach your boat, there will be Palapa's constructed shortly to provide shade.

The owner is a good friend, any issues or questions, I can answer or forward to Jack.
Thanks for that, I don't mind a steep ramp, our trailer may like it better. We certainly noticed that about the wake boats, zero regard for the docked boats. Needless to say, we will NOT be docking our boat there.

One of those boats yours?
Old 05-27-2014, 11:29 AM
Registered

Here is the link to the thread on Navigating the river.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/t...nana-bend.html
Well damn, I had no idea TOPPS had their own thread! Thanks for the link, that'll be helpful. Again thanks for all the great information, look forward to meeting you in person at 29ºN95ºW.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:33 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Thanks for that, I don't mind a steep ramp, our trailer may like it better. We certainly noticed that about the wake boats, zero regard for the docked boats. Needless to say, we will NOT be docking our boat there.

One of those boats yours?
The closest Eliminator Jet, those pics were taken this January, the winter-nationals are an outlaw jet/outboard event held every year.

Would not miss it.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:36 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Well damn, I had no idea TOPPS had their own thread! Thanks for the link, that'll be helpful. Again thanks for all the great information, look forward to meeting you in person at 29ºN95ºW.
29°50'49.74"N 95° 5'17.55"W Location of our neighborhood ramp.

Hope to meet you too.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:39 AM
Registered

The closest Eliminator Jet, those pics were taken this January, the winter-nationals are an outlaw jet/outboard event held every year.

Would not miss it.
Nice! We will have to make it a point to check out the event next winter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.