Not A Single Member Should Give River Side Marina Their Business >

Not A Single Member Should Give River Side Marina Their Business

Notices

Not A Single Member Should Give River Side Marina Their Business

Old 05-27-2014, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
Well damn, I had no idea TOPPS had their own thread! Thanks for the link, that'll be helpful. Again thanks for all the great information, look forward to meeting you in person at 29ºN95ºW.
LMAO!!! Sorry R. I just found that comment very funny...

From the map you should see Rio Villa... That was the place I spoke to you about and where the Up the River Run will be... Great place... One of Houston's hidden wonders.

John
Old 05-27-2014, 01:55 PM
Registered

I never was the quickest learner.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you have a chance you should your brother these pictures, our girl has real issues with loud noises like gunshots and thunderstorms. That is why we have her, no one who wants to work these dogs have need for one that is noise sensitive. Two summers ago my wife and I were out at night when a wicked thunderstorm rolled through our area and it was really bad. Her den is under our bed and she was hell bent, literally, to get under our bed. There is a company in Colorado that sells Malinois proof creates, when I first seen them I was thinking really, does this bread need their own creates? Well after this night they do! It looked like a crime scene when we got home, there was blood everywhere and we lucky she didn't kill herself in the process. We don't create her anymore now that her brother is no longer around.
Sorry to partially hi-jack your thread. My 3 yr old beagle has done that to every cage we put him in. He has separation anxiety. He completely tore apart a welded wire cage that I built. It ended up with 2x4s and aluminum diamond plate to patch it up. He then began chewing through the 2x4s.. I bought a new cage with vertical bars and he managed to squeeze in between the bars. So I went and lined the inside of the cage with chain link fencing 4' tall. Then the little bastard managed to climb the fence to get out. So I then ran chain link across the top of the cage. So he then started to go to work on tearing apart the chain link fence. I now have to line the lower 2' with diamond plate. Don't know what else to do to keep him contained. It's not a small cage either. The previous cage was 4'x6' the new one is 4'x4'. For a begal that's a big cage....

Last edited by low_psi; 05-27-2014 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:34 PM
Registered

Hate to hear this happened to you Rick! Although we have only used that ramp with our first boat once have always used it while with our friends without issues. Actually, we were there Saturday at 11:15 to meet them and launch the boat. We were probably there an hour waiting for all the gang to get there. Only time we walked inside was to pay launch fee and for the bathroom which our crew did a few times before and after we got back around 5:30. The only issue there was when one of the bartenders said something about a water bottle being brought in and apparently she didnt do it nicely. Otherwise always been a good place to launch. We beached at Loves and know my friend had said he would never use their ramp for his 23 Crownline. Never been to Goodtimes. The new place Cy Coast almost looked deserted. Looked nice but both times when we passed going and coming back, no one was there. Did like the protected cove i saw. Another option would be to launch from Clear Lake. My relatives left from CL at a launch in Taylor Lake and they said it took them about an hour and fifteen minutes to get to us at Loves running around 50 when they could in their 24 CC with a 300 on it. They said it was a great run and since they are from out of town, first trip to the river. Followed his chart all the way and only one spot did they get in shallow water but with the CC, he said he only draws a foot and a half. With my navionics app om my phone, i sent him the coordinates of Riverside, Banana Bend, and our party spot at Loves. Again, hate to hear of your experience as others have said, the river is a great place. See ya at the TOPPS Poker Run a week from Friday!

Last edited by firehill19; 05-27-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
Sorry to partially hi-jack your thread. My 3 yr old beagle has done that to every cage we put him in. He has separation anxiety. He completely tore apart a welded wire cage that I built. It ended up with 2x4s and aluminum diamond plate to patch it up. He then began chewing through the 2x4s.. I bought a new cage with vertical bars and he managed to squeeze in between the bars. So I went and lined the inside of the cage with chain link fencing 4' tall. Then the little bastard managed to climb the fence to get out. So I then ran chain link across the top of the cage. So he then started to go to work on tearing apart the chain link fence. I now have to line the lower 2' with diamond plate. Don't know what else to do to keep him contained. It's not a small cage either. The previous cage was 4'x6' the new one is 4'x4'. For a begal that's a big cage....
Don't worry about hijacking the thread, we're talking about everything now. Here is the link the kennel that I was talking about, it's not cheap but it looks solid. Sorry your Beagle tearing apart his kennel, that is not a fun issue to deal with.

http://www.rayallen.com/product/coll...ate/Schutzhund

Originally Posted by firehill19
Hate to hear this happened to you Rick! Although we have only used that ramp with our first boat once have always used it while with our friends without issues. Actually, we were there Saturday at 11:15 to meet them and launch the boat. We were probably there an hour waiting for all the gang to get there. Only time we walked inside was to pay launch fee and for the bathroom which our crew did a few times before and after we got back around 5:30. The only issue there was when one of the bartenders said something about a water bottle being brought in and apparently she didnt do it nicely. Otherwise always been a good place to launch. We beached at Loves and know my friend had said he would never use their ramp for his 23 Crownline. Never been to Goodtimes. The new place Cy Coast almost looked deserted. Looked nice but both times when we passed going and coming back, no one was there. Did like the protected cove i saw. Another option would be to launch from Clear Lake. My relatives left from CL at a launch in Taylor Lake and they said it took them about an hour and fifteen minutes to get to us at Loves running around 50 when they could in their 24 CC with a 300 on it. They said it was a great run and since they are from out of town, first trip to the river. Followed his chart all the way and only one spot did they get in shallow water but with the CC, he said he only draws a foot and a half. With my navionics app om my phone, i sent him the coordinates of Riverside, Banana Bend, and our party spot at Loves. Again, hate to hear of your experience as others have said, the river is a great place. See ya at the TOPPS Poker Run a week from Friday!
I know I said it "tongue and cheek" but it may have been my shaved head, this business has been bombarded with negative reviews over the handling of the War Veteran and how knows what has happened to them in person. If you were walking their courtesy dock for an hour and no one said anything makes me wonder. But with that being said the owner was sitting in some kind of Mule right on the edge of the ramp, maybe the guy wasn't at work when you guys were there. Who the hell knows what the disconnect was!

There looks like the river has plenty of places to launch and we are looking forward to it. And we will see you at the TOPPS Poker Run, looking forward to meeting some of you guys in person finally.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't worry about hijacking the thread, we're talking about everything now. Here is the link the kennel that I was talking about, it's not cheap but it looks solid. Sorry your Beagle tearing apart his kennel, that is not a fun issue to deal with.

http://www.rayallen.com/product/coll...ate/Schutzhund
That looks like it would work. I was thinking about lining the current cage with Diamond plate, but didn't want it to look/feel like a closed in cell. But either doing that or buying that cage might be the answer... Last fall he got out of his cage pulled a bottle of Sta-bil off the shelf, ate the container and drank most of it.... Never even got sick. I guess he was just making sure is was ready for the winter lay-up??
Old 05-28-2014, 09:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,008 Likes on 1,341 Posts

Just come back to Table Rock, it's all good
Old 05-28-2014, 10:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
That looks like it would work. I was thinking about lining the current cage with Diamond plate, but didn't want it to look/feel like a closed in cell. But either doing that or buying that cage might be the answer... Last fall he got out of his cage pulled a bottle of Sta-bil off the shelf, ate the container and drank most of it.... Never even got sick. I guess he was just making sure is was ready for the winter lay-up??
This is the one we were going to go with if her last kennel didn't do the trick. But since putting our Shepherd down she doesn't get herself into trouble anymore, knock on wood so we've been keeping her out, she is doing well. The last any of us would want is our dogs getting sick or hurt, we love them but at the same time want to ring their necks!

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
Okay, now you're just trying to torture me! I already miss those beautiful lakes and it seems every other TV commercial here in Houston is telling me to visit northwest Arkansas!!
Old 05-28-2014, 11:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
Here ya go... our run together! I would have loved to have seen what we looked like going buy from a dock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc7cizyChgU&list=UUI_gRgjmfJpcG0rOjiaKOZA
Old 05-28-2014, 11:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,008 Likes on 1,341 Posts

Okay, now you're just trying to torture me! I already miss those beautiful lakes and it seems every other TV commercial here in Houston is telling me to visit northwest Arkansas!!
Their sending you to us, cuz there's not much water in the TX lakes, they got a little help this last week

Have to watch the video when I get home, cant do youtube on this Federal network

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.