Notices

Big Boats not selling?

Old 05-27-2014, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Financing can be an issue. The banks have been slapped with pretty tight controls.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this might sound crazy, I had one that I couldn't sell and ended up parting it out, it took awhile but when everything was sold I did way better than the asking price for the complete boat.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bill fountain40
I know this might sound crazy, I had one that I couldn't sell and ended up parting it out, it took awhile but when everything was sold I did way better than the asking price for the complete boat.
OMG I'd shed more tears crying in 5 minutes than all the tears I've weeped combined in a lifetime if I was the owner of an incredible boat like this and was forced to part it out piece by piece.

Originally Posted by 4bus
Clean, beautiful boat. Be patient before you completely drop your drawers. The big boats have never been fast movers, limited audience that is shrinking every year. Your boat is also now out of the financing window for most buyers based on year.

On another note I was quoted insurance on a triple engine fountain 47 last year, 3 times what I am paying on my twin with only a modest increase in insured value. All these factors mean that your boat will take a special buyer. However, from the looks of the pics, you will have an advantage over the others on the market when that buyer comes along, clean boats sell!
I compelely agree with the first paragraph.
What has me puzzled is why would the 3rd engine and 10' extra length raise the insurance to triple the cost of a nearly comparable market value smaller boat???
Arsenio said it best 20 years ago "Things that make you say Hmmm"

See ya,
Kelly
Old 05-27-2014, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill fountain40
Not sure this is the same equation........15 yr old hull is a big heavy piece of fiberglass!

Parting out 15 year old gauges/trailer etc isn't going to total 150K......motors/drives will pull decent money, but even at 10K each(3 motors/drives = 6) that is only 60K.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Beautiful boat! Be patient it will sell because it is a great deal.

One thought would be to offer it with or without engines. A boat with Arnesons that size screams.... DIESEL GO FAST!
You could easily sell n/a 700hp motors. Don't part it out just make it appeal to a wider audience.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

I think 4bus is on it - a limited market that is shrinking every year. My generation can't afford to be in the sport and the generation that can is getting older and going to a more reasonable (maintenance free) choice....
Old 05-27-2014, 09:59 PM
Registered

Thanks Obama!
Old 05-27-2014, 11:39 PM
Registered

Have you marketed the boat at LOTO? Give Eddie at Lake Ozark Marine a call to pick his brain. He has been moving a lot of boats.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by mpally
Have you marketed the boat at LOTO? Give Eddie at Lake Ozark Marine a call to pick his brain. He has been moving a lot of boats.
I agree 100%. That boat would be a great LOTO boat and everyone there keeps their boats on a lift at their home/condo so trailering isn't an issue. For that price, I don't think it would be for sale long there.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 339 Posts

Did you ever get it tuned up and running right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.