Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   3 Bearings, 72 hours, No Joke!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/312899-3-bearings-72-hours-no-joke.html)

Tibbstoy2 06-20-2014 01:05 PM

Thanks Sydwayz! Very helpful... sounds like you've gone through a lot of this.

I didn't realize Manning was closeby (20 minutes from home). I will give them a call. Definitely makes sense to buy axles from a company that gets them by the truckload.

Did most of the 33AT's go triple axle then? I am definitely a fan of tandems due to reduced tire wear. Triples just seem to hate tight turns (or any right turn for that matter).

Sydwayz 06-20-2014 01:13 PM

Most boats at 33 feet or so are on triple axle trailers. But, you can adequately source tandem axles that would handle such a load.

s022mag 06-20-2014 02:10 PM

I had tandem myco on my formula 311 and loved it. 6k pound axles with 8 lug hubs. I knew guys with 292s and 303s with triple axle. I would love to get a nice myco steel under my Donzi. Loading is a pita right now. I added to 8 foot 2X6s and that still isn't enough. Adding a Y bow stop as we speak to take the load off that rubber roller, then probably add more bunks in rear to help it seat when I pull it out of the water.

s022mag 06-24-2014 11:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Towed up to Erie Sunday without a problem:thankyouthankyou: towed back without a problem:thankyouthankyou: boat ran good had a great time ate some good food love it up there. Didn't want to come home and probably waited to long to leave we were chasing a storm back to the launch. Made it back as the wind picked up had to wait out some heavy stuff but it was definitely interesting.

s022mag 06-24-2014 11:12 AM

And go figure it turned

RT930turbo 06-24-2014 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by s022mag (Post 4142780)
And go figure it turned

Just trying to be cool like me :party-smiley-004:

s022mag 06-24-2014 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by RT930turbo (Post 4142782)
Just trying to be cool like me :party-smiley-004:

I thought of you when I couldn't figure out how to flip it.

Oh and as for the AC, I bought a new pressure switch and the unit fired up at home, took it to the lake and it ran for about 5 mins then went right back to HPF, pulled the water line near the unit dry as a bone. Motors were to hot to get near the strainer so after about a hour of just hanging out I fired it up again ran out to check water flow, it squirted a few drops and then BAM, water flow AC ran fine all night, must needed to prime the line first.

commandersander 06-24-2014 05:21 PM

I buy the inline check valve that prevents the water in the cooling line from reversing through the sea cock when I lift out......lift or trailer. It's cheap, plastic and functional. When I drop in, ac is good to go......stopped all those HPF messages!

s022mag 06-25-2014 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by commandersander (Post 4142993)
I buy the inline check valve that prevents the water in the cooling line from reversing through the sea cock when I lift out......lift or trailer. It's cheap, plastic and functional. When I drop in, ac is good to go......stopped all those HPF messages!

I don't even have a T valve just a shut off valve right at the hull. I will probably just run some water down the exit for starters.

GO4BROKE 06-25-2014 03:50 PM

Good idea

Originally Posted by commandersander (Post 4142993)