Notices

38 donzi ZR mph

Old 05-29-2014, 08:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Here is the Donzi Marine test data sheet from when I took delivery of my 38 ZR w staggered 525's in July of 08. It has ITS extension boxes as well and lab finished Maximus 5 blade props w 34 pitch as recommended by Donzi. Also turning in. Looks like it topped out at 89.1 MPH. There may be some other data on the sheet of interest to you as well. Good luck,

Bob

Oh, did I mention it's for sale ? LOL http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o55383-en.html
Attached Thumbnails 38 donzi ZR mph-donzi-test-data.jpg  
Old 05-29-2014, 09:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

The ZR hull is really efficient, same power, ITS boxes, drives as mine, 3' longer and 5 mph faster!
Old 05-29-2014, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder

Oh, did I mention it's for sale ? LOL http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o55383-en.html

Yeah but that boat has super common paint, I've seen that paint scheme on everything from Nortechs to Renegades!
Old 05-29-2014, 10:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Yeah but that boat has super common paint, I've seen that paint scheme on everything from Nortechs to Renegades!
Lol. Someday I will have to try something other than blue! There was the orange and yellow NT don't forget.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 05 38 ZR 525's came from the factory with 5 blade 30 pitch Herings and although it was a Pain in the A$$ to get on plane with these props it would run high 80's all day and touch 90 under the right conditions. I think you should try a set of 30 pitch and you should be go to go. It was Hull no 6 of the 38zr model so they put about 20 hours of test time on the water with different props before delivery from the factory.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:46 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Here is the Donzi Marine test data sheet from when I took delivery of my 38 ZR w staggered 525's in July of 08. It has ITS extension boxes as well and lab finished Maximus 5 blade props w 34 pitch as recommended by Donzi. Also turning in. Looks like it topped out at 89.1 MPH. There may be some other data on the sheet of interest to you as well. Good luck,

Bob

What I find interesting is under the "Trim" box they have it listed as 50%. What is 50%?
Old 05-30-2014, 05:40 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a zr after my cig

Wanted a rooster tail and 90 mph

Well I got a rooster tail and not much else

I never saw over 82

In salt water after a LONG run Jason at brandX got her to 86

Safe to say after running key west and islamorada boat was up for sale and I was HAPPY the day it sold

Read threads in donzi section

Very prop sensitive and high x

One member had a 90 mph prop set... Lost one prop... Tried to get the magic recipient again and lost 10 mph that he could never find
Those seem to be the right prop
Old 05-30-2014, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark's input should be very helpful. I have an '07 38zr with Ilmor 625's. Donzi set it up with Herings and although they kick up a mean rooster tail they are a pain out of the hole. You have to finesse them in turns too to stay hooked up. I switched to Maximus after throwing a Hering blade and like the performance a lot. I get 93 every day with 5 aboard and 95 when all is perfect. You should absolutely be running mid 80's every day. Props should turn in. Don't need to trim out to 6 to max out. You have the wrong props. Also check drive alignment. There's an answer and once you figure it out you will hit mid to upper 80's at will.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Can't add anything everyone else has said. All the best running 525 Zrs run a good 32 five blade turning in. Make sure the props are actually 32s and haven't been overly repaired or modified. My boat (Zrc Vs. Zr) will run 10mph slower with the same size Maximus Vs. Herring. It is amazing how much difference the right prop makes. The only way you aren't seeing a solid low to mid 80 mph is if there is an issue with the props, motors, or drive height. One last thought is that these boats are sensative to trim and you don't always need to "over-trim" them to wring out the last few mph.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:49 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

I think you should check with Mercury to be sure you can run the silent choice ,I ,m pretty sure there is a service bulletin that came out ,and said that there can not be used on a 525EFI because of reversion issues .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.