Like Tree276Likes

LOTO MSWP Man Overboard Drowning

Old 06-04-2014, 04:15 PM
Registered

My Boats: outlaw

I hope the WP gets sued to high heaven. The arresting officer and his superiors should lose their job as well. The arresting officer will have to live with this forever, which he should. The government minions, aka police, are way out of control these days. The government will own us all one day.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: Formula 37SS, 28 Skater 300x's 2400 Bay Ranger, 20' Cigarette, 18' Charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddy View Post
I hope the WP gets sued to high heaven. The arresting officer and his superiors should lose their job as well. The arresting officer will have to live with this forever, which he should. The government minions, aka police, are way out of control these days. The government will own us all one day.
How about the Water Patrolman that "jumped out of his boat" just before hitting a Formula (32'er?) on a dark night last summer at LOTO? The Patrol boat was left doing circles at 25-35 mph in the main channel, at night, with people from both boats in the water swimming for shore. Yes indeed, the WP had no lanyard attached to kill the boats engines. Could have been really, really ugly. Never really heard much about that one in the news.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:45 PM
Registered

My Boats: outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36Tango View Post
How about the Water Patrolman that "jumped out of his boat" just before hitting a Formula (32'er?) on a dark night last summer at LOTO? The Patrol boat was left doing circles at 25-35 mph in the main channel, at night, with people from both boats in the water swimming for shore. Yes indeed, the WP had no lanyard attached to kill the boats engines. Could have been really, really ugly. Never really heard much about that one in the news.

no reason to get on the "cop stories" train. I can go on all day talking about rogue, ill informed, uneducated, power hungry, crooked cops. Police in America are suppose to serve and protect the people according to the Constitution. Instead, the police act like they are the gestapo in Nazi Germany. It will only get worse as we all sit around and watch.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:28 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2015 MTI 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchuntlsl View Post
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't read my text closely. I said statistically they are the most dangerous boaters at loto. Let's look at the math. There are about 450 incidents a year at loto ( this includes drownings that don't even include boats). Let's assume there is only 10,000 boats at loto ( there is more than that). This leaves us with an incident rate of .042 There is about 20 water patrol boats regularly at loto. They have about 5 major incidents a year ( this does not include all the damage to boats that they stop because the officer can not control his boat in the rough water) this leaves us with an accident rate of .25. They are 600% more likely to be in an incident than the average boater at loto.

I stand behind my statement that statistically they are the most dangerous boaters at loto.
OK, the point I took was based on number of accidents. Using your figure of 450 per year and 5 WP (I only know of two), the 5 divided by 450 = .011111, or 1% which is statistically insignificant.

As far as your 600%, given they spend at least 5000% more time on the water in unusual and inherently dangerous situations than the average boater, that should not be surprising

Last edited by SummerObsession; 06-04-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:33 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: Team Baja's 38 Poker Run Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
We saw a guy jump out of WP boat handcuffed and with vest on. Funny as chit watching WP poke him under with docking pole to calm him down.

Not that This situation is a laughing matter.
It's far from a laughing matter for sure, unfortunately it seems peace officers in the our local southern states take it a bit further out on the limb than some of the other states do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
I completely disagree with your assumptions, that young man died, he was handcuffed, end of story. You are assuming he was impaired, you don't know that, nor was it proven, only alleged, his BAC could have been under the legal limit, but regardless the police are responsible for safe transport of the suspect-defendant
He is dead it was preventable, this is bullsh*t he is dead. The WP is responsible once he is in their custody.
I'll second this 100%

May God Bless his family and friends with the strength necessary to remember their loved one for who he was and not focus on the outside influences which cut his young life short.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 06-04-2014, 05:40 PM
CLA
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerObsession View Post
OK, the point I took was based on number of accidents. Using your figure of 450 per year and 5 WP (I only know of two), the 5 divided by 450 = .011111, or 1% which is statistically insignificant.

As far as your 600%, given they spend at least 5000% more time on the water in unusual and inherently dangerous situations than the average boater, that should not be surprising
How are you getting the 5000% more time on the water figure?
Old 06-04-2014, 05:49 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2015 MTI 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLA View Post
How are you getting the 5000% more time on the water figure?
The same exact location all the other "facts" on this thread have originated. Thin air.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:52 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveFastBoats View Post
bajaholic
I have read a lot of articles about this incident and so far have not read anything about anyone witnessing him jumping from the WP boat. Can you site your source on this? I would like to read this article...
http://midwestboatparty.com/forum/sh...e-in-transport

Read through it, there is actual witnesses that have posted. Some are the people that were there and dealing with the families/friends involved, Not the media spin. You will also see many of the same posters on this thread are there as well...
Old 06-04-2014, 05:57 PM
CLA
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerObsession View Post
The same exact location all the other "facts" on this thread have originated. Thin air.
LOL

But we can all agree these cops should not be in boats. They need about a 25 hp outboard on an inflatable. The egos on these dudes is bigger than mine in the bedroom!
Old 06-04-2014, 06:12 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
I have handled hundreds of DUI cases in New Jersey, You are assuming he was impaired, you don't know that, nor was it proven, only alleged, his BAC could have been under the legal limit, but t.

I don't deal with what if's, I deal with what what happened, he is dead it was preventable, this is bullsh*t he is dead. The WP is responsible once he is in their custody.
Than you as an attorney should naturally know: 0.0% BAC is the legal limit on people under the age of 21.

There has no disputing he had been drinking, nor that he flunked the on board sobriety test, nor that he doesn't sit there like he was supposed to... One can protect only up to the point a person refuses to be protected...and makes a decision above all common sense.

As an Attorney, I understand your job is to dilute the situation until your client gets the least amount of punishment... That is your job. But there is also people that do believe, that people ARE responsible for their own actions. Let me be clear, I am not a saint, nor am I preaching, but I philosophically disagree with saying the kid has no responsibility in his own demise.....