Gratton Lawsuit Trial Rescheduled for January

Notices

Gratton Lawsuit Trial Rescheduled for January

Old 06-11-2014, 10:55 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,230 Posts
Default Gratton Lawsuit Trial Rescheduled for January

An update, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...ed-for-january.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Feel sorry for the loss of life, but, they knew what they were into. It's racing, not a Disney ride. I honestly hope this suit gets tossed out. Benefits no one.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by foxbat
Feel sorry for the loss of life, but, they knew what they were into. It's racing, not a Disney ride. I honestly hope this suit gets tossed out. Benefits no one.
When a racing promotor takes money and holds an event they have a Responsiblity/duty to ensure properly trained rescue people are on site and provide the safest racing enviornment possible. I guess this is why they are having a trial to sort this out. If corners were cut in regards to racer safety parties should be held accountable.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:06 PM
Registered

I call BS on that one. This is more about settling the estate and some ambulance chasing liars (sorry) Lawyers getting some money and trying to prove a point. He signed a waiver when he entered that race. He and His family should have known better.
At the speeds all these upper class boats are capable of now, most of the accidents, spin outs, flips, big wave stuffs, call em what you want, have the potential to be life threatening.
I feel sorry for the family but more sorry that this is the state of society today.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know any more about this other than what i read. I keep up on the articles because i was at that race, and i agree that there is no winner in this one. Sad deal all the way around. I was speaking in general terms that promotors need to exercise due dilligince and not skimp out on safety. Not sure if that happened here, but i do think it warrents some discussion. A waiver does not absolve a promotor from doing his job and making sure safeguards are in place. We all have our beliefs, but i do believe if a promotor cuts corners on safety personel they should have some level of accountability for that. Is a lawsuit the most appropriate way to hold someone accountable, thats hard to say. Usually only the lawyers win.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Registered

The guy drowned because it took forever to get to him and they didn't know what they were doing. Its not BS when you don't have the correct personnel doing a job. I race every month in this country and others. I expect to supported by the best when it comes safety. Period, if SBI used incompetent personnel or didnt have enough safety crew then they are burnt. Period