Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   They are Rounding the Bend (Battle of the trailer queens) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/31380-they-rounding-bend-battle-trailer-queens.html)

Audiofn 08-21-2002 12:53 AM

They are Rounding the Bend (Battle of the trailer queens)

Cord was well in the lead way ahead of Audiofn and TooOld. Then he fell off and TooOld and Audio quickly caught up. It was the old Tortus and the hair story :D:D TooOld made a HUGE serge and pulled up in the lead then out of the back of the pack comes Audio and he flys past them both. OH CRAP Audios painter screws up and he has to repaint the bottom so Audio has to resand the whole damn thing again!!! TooOld Jumps back to the lead but Audio is working day and night to get back to the lead and the painter will be back Thursday AM he thinks. Audio thinks he can be buffed out by the end of the week and ready to go on the trailer and then a couple days to take care of the engines. TooOld said he was getting close and Cord is fadeing fast with exhaust issues :D:D

PhantomChaos 08-21-2002 02:55 AM

:D :D :D :D Good story, now wake up and get back to work! You fell asleep with the sander in your hand.

puder 08-21-2002 02:56 AM

bringing up dead last is puder NO ENGINE!!!!! Interior is still gutted no reason to do eth interior until i have an engien and you know who is spaking his dilliwhacker instead of calling me back or working on it!!! (I'm rapidly getting bitter)

Payton 08-21-2002 08:07 AM

:D :D :D

Good luck guys.

CRUBOSS 08-21-2002 08:55 AM

the boat may not run....but the zodiac is ready anytime.

PhantomChaos 08-21-2002 10:26 AM

Originally posted by Too Old
I may not be the first guy done, but I'll be pimpin when I finish my ride. :)

What did Tank used to say; "Pimpin ain't easy.....it's a full time job!"

That sounds pretty cool Fred.

Uncle Toys 08-21-2002 10:40 AM

Geez guys, how unAmerican. Take on some debt and buy new.:D :D :D

Cord 08-21-2002 11:45 AM

I got the oiling and steering systems completed last night. It's amazing how that one fitting will just stall the project for weeks! Got the mocked up exhaust on Monday. One side fit almost perfectly, the other side wasn't even close! The extra shipping sure paid off on this one! The good news is that the headers (despite what lightning said) clear the deck by a large margin. All I need is a scoop for the air cleaner and I'm good to go! Oh, yea. I still have to torsionally reinforce the deck. That should be fun. :rolleyes: I got the defective starter solinoid replaced last night, I havn't even touched my electrical punch list yet. With some luck, I'll get to that this weekend. As soon as the exhaust arrives, the boat should be on the water. That will first be in a month. :(

Tbonepmp 08-21-2002 11:57 AM

Ssherman... Where are ya..????

I think you take the cake in this battle...
What is it now; going on two and a half years or three..???:eek: :( :)

Mike J 08-21-2002 12:56 PM

Well Jon Guess 24 days
stright to get the Ettore
boat finished and at the
race in Huntington Beach
and take 2nd place should
be in the trailer Queen
history books, Funny thing
there was a Queen (Naaa)
Thats another story.
Mike J.