Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boating Industry Receives Another Black Eye- Buyer Beware!! >

Boating Industry Receives Another Black Eye- Buyer Beware!!

Notices

Boating Industry Receives Another Black Eye- Buyer Beware!!

Old 01-20-2015, 09:45 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by aquaforce
I'm not the one crying you are and frankly I wearied of your crying quickly.
You were the one who pushed your issue on MY thread; that was not too courteous of you or are you really that sore to wish ill on others?
As I see it things simply didn't go your way and it seems you are the one who turned down one offer because it was not "good" by your expectations; so what! I know of that as negotiations and one can't negotiate well unless they are prepared to leave the table. Crying about it later and even 6 months later and on my thread demonstrates your own sore disposition. So you can't negotiate well...... so what! Don't you already have a new boat on the way? So then why don't you stop crying over spilt milk and be happy for your new boat? Is it that you can't get over the fact your not getting a Formula?
Wah, Wah, Wah, Just keep crying me a river and I'll boat on it with one of my Formula's.
Did you buy any of your Formulas new?
If so, did you have a trade?
If you did, did the manufacturer's REP agree to a deal and then change the deal?
If not, I don't think you're qualified to judge the ordeal or disappointment that NASCAT went through.

Last edited by Cash Bar; 01-20-2015 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

AquaForce- Did you ever even think to just ask me in public or via a PM to remove post 3 in YOUR thread if it upset you that much??

No worries I've manned up for you & asked the OSO Moderator to do it myself since the thought hadn't crossed your mind & I no longer have delete or edit privileges.
It would be in your best interest to delete post 4 & any other post you or the others chose to promote the link to this thread.

Yes it was that simple & Yes you can thank me later, maybe in person!

In fact look for me at the Formula display, this way we can hash it out & you'll have home field advantage!
Old 01-20-2015, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Did you buy any of your Formulas new? No.
If so, did you have a trade? No.
If you did, did the manufacturer's REP agree to a deal and then change the deal?
If not, I don't think you're qualified to judge the ordeal or disappointment that NASCAT went through.

I did not judge a matter other than give my opinion. If there is a contractual issue then court is where it moves ahead, not here. A lot of yaw yaw here only spins wheels. I understand that in most sales a trade is not an avenue of optimization and often drags a process down. I don't choose to trade anything for these very reasons but it is a choice.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NASCAT
AquaForce- Did you ever even think to just ask me in public or via a PM to remove post 3 in YOUR thread if it upset you that much??

No worries I've manned up for you & asked the OSO Moderator to do it myself since the thought hadn't crossed your mind & I no longer have delete or edit privileges.
It would be in your best interest to delete post 4 & any other post you or the others chose to promote the link to this thread.

Yes it was that simple & Yes you can thank me later, maybe in person!

In fact look for me at the Formula display, this way we can hash it out & you'll have home field advantage!

Formula display??? Do you mean the rendezvous in May or something else? The Atl show is over.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:09 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Fair enough.

Drag one of those Formulas into the Pirates Of Lanier Run. The charities could use the money.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Fair enough.

Drag one of those Formulas into the Pirates Of Lanier Run. The charities could use the money.

LOL I was in the Pirates of Lanier run in 2012. We planned to run last year but my youngest sister's wedding was out of state so the poker run was out for us. Hopefully this year I will make it. I have my hands full with a new property that we are developing and that got in the way of the boat last season too. bummer.
I might sell two and buy another one. LOL Thinking of a 419 next.

Last edited by aquaforce; 01-20-2015 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:00 AM
Registered

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

NASCAT I like your approach to this thread and I admire your desire to keep it on the level. To me I take it for face value and it serves as a simple reminder that it is far too easy to trust people when you are excited about a potential purchase.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:31 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with Diamond Dave.
I appreciate you sharing your experience NASCAT. Your presentation of an unfortunate experience is a lesson in interpersonal dynamics that would make Dale Carnegie proud. It's unfortunate you didn't get your deal, but I have a feeling you came out ahead in the end.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

DD & Gordo-

I appreciate your support of why I started this thread & what my intent was & has been.

I enjoy the Forums, have learned a ton, met some great people & would like to believe that I've contributed a time or 2. I have numerous threads w/ over 5,000 views, several over 10,000 (active) & one at 350,000+ views. I'm no better than anyone else on here but I do take pride in trying my best to give back in a positive, informative & factual way.

Lets face it if I Titled or Opened this Thread w/ "Got F'd by XYZ, Don't Buy a Boat From Them" it would have 10,000 posts & 30,000 views w/ lots of Popcorn Emicons!!!

I'm all about a spirited debate, voicing ones difference of opinion but I do my best to post based on FACT or Personal Experience & when I'm not the sentence normally begins w/ IMO!

With regard to AquaForces displeasure w/ me I'll take it on the chin for dropping a link in HIS thread (I didn't even know OSO allowed thread ownership) the intent wasn't to HiJack just share & create awareness especially since that particular thread is as closely related to my experience as it gets.

I absolutely could have posted it in a specific FORUM & never mentioned the manufacturer which I assume would end up being way more damaging. Instead I posted in the General Discussion so that all could benefit knowing that the names & faces can change but the end result will be the same. As I have explained time & time again, the manufacturer is irrelevant the experience & awareness I'm sharing is the lesson to be learned.

Unfortunately only some are able to comprehend this, the others get wrapped up in emotion, lack facts & have no similar personal experience to draw from just opinion!

Last edited by NASCAT; 01-21-2015 at 08:52 AM.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me, I'm just waiting for an invite to the maiden voyage of the new boat on LKN....

Good read.....

And Congrats for making the decision to walk away from something I'm sure you really wanted....That's a tough decision to make sometimes, I've been there before, I walked away and had the owner of the car dealership call me 3 or 4 days later to try to work it out...One of the store employees informed him of what went on between the store manager and I and took it upon himself to try and make it right...By then, it was too late and I had moved on...But in the future I wouldn't hesitate to buy from that dealer just based on that simple phone call..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.