Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain Executioner Vs Fountain Centre Console, rough water handling? >

Fountain Executioner Vs Fountain Centre Console, rough water handling?

Notices

Fountain Executioner Vs Fountain Centre Console, rough water handling?

Old 06-24-2014, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure what your budget is, but I would look real hard at this one. http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o51359-en.html
Old 06-24-2014, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
What brand would that be? A 1987 Cig Café?
I was trying to be constructive, not upset the Fountain crowd about their size inadequacies. If the conditions there are that rough, there's no questioning additional hull length makes a significant difference. Going from a 32/33 foot boat to a 35 is significant and if shipping is a limiting factor as to what I could or couldn't bring in, I'd want to bring in the biggest boat I possibly could knowing the conditions are that rough.

Back to your question, yes, I would certainly look at a 35 Cig... preferably a T/S like the one JWay linked!
Old 06-24-2014, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I own and love my 42' Fountain yes prob a 39' boat but what a fantastic flat running 39 footer it is. With your constraints, I suggest:
1) Import a 38' Cig on stands, not on the trailer to save overall length.
2) Get with a US trailer manufacturer and import a trailer disassembled and reassemble it there.

My .02.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:29 AM
Registered

Asking the question because I've never looked into it, but would any of the 36' boats meet the shipping requirements? 36 Apache? I know of a twin steep Apache that could be bought minus power. What about a 36 Cig? Those pop up from time to time. With that said, I do not know the total LOA off the top of my head on either...
Old 06-24-2014, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Asking the question because I've never looked into it, but would any of the 36' boats meet the shipping requirements? 36 Apache? I know of a twin steep Apache that could be bought minus power. What about a 36 Cig? Those pop up from time to time. With that said, I do not know the total LOA off the top of my head on either...

Sure, now he just needs to find an apache with 496hos lol
Old 06-24-2014, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JWay
I'm not sure what your budget is, but I would look real hard at this one. http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o51359-en.html
I wasn't even aware that cig continued to make the 35, ts to boot! Nice ride

However keep in mind the fuel he has to deal with across the pond, and he has mentioned lack of mechanical services. Those engines are not for a novice!
Old 06-24-2014, 11:59 AM
Registered

Sure, now he just needs to find an apache with 496hos lol
Originally Posted by SS930
36 Apache? I know of a twin step Apache that could be bought minus power.
Originally Posted by rak rua
Slightly off track. Any thoughts on performance if I put 2 brand new 8.2 430hp's in... New Mercruiser engines/installations here are quite well priced but not so with Mercury Racing line.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wasn't even aware that cig continued to make the 35, ts to boot! Nice ride

However keep in mind the fuel he has to deal with across the pond, and he has mentioned lack of mechanical services. Those engines are not for a novice!
I didn't even think about the fuel issue, but that is probably the best hull he could find for his situation. Here is another it is not a T/S but a 35 none the less http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...52&f=54852.jpg I know you were trying to stay away from blue motors but if the hours are low enough and with the little amount of boating you do I think you would be fine. You could even purchase it have someone over here go through the top end and have a few hundred hours of trouble free boating.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Great responses, thanks to all of you.

Boat will be stored inside at a marina so I only require a basic launching trailer, not a serious road trailer. Can make one fairly cheaply over here but for shipping/transport, it's a lot easier if she is already on a trailer, although it will hurt me because of overall length.

Good fuel, 95 octane isn't an issue but those beautiful blue motors are a bit too good for the only Merc dealer in Thailand, Damn!

I guess I have some work to do as most of you are telling me to go bigger than my 34 to get decent handling in the rotten conditions we have here. BTW, I do throttle back in the slop, I'm not one of those crazies we hear about in the news but when I do choose to head out, I want reasonable comfort for my friends.

Bit more number crunching ahead.

Cheers, rr

Last edited by rak rua; 06-24-2014 at 10:35 PM. Reason: spellnig
Old 06-25-2014, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o57661-en.html

This boat all day. One of the best 33s out there. Rides well, still goes fast. And the 500efi is supposedly the most reliable blue motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.