Old 12-18-2017, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Only $90,000. https://glensfalls.craigslist.org/bo...429069083.html

Old 12-18-2017, 08:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

Probably has an extra zero by mistake, maybe 2 or 3 extra zeros.
Maybe it's the "9" that's wrong, it should be a zero too?

Cool looking boat, were they as rare as he suggests?

RR
Old 12-18-2017, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 829 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by phughes69

24 ft Project sport boat needing cosmetic work

This was my 20's boat. 24 ft formula Been in buddies barn for 7 years. Life just changes things.- I got married and the wife doesn't like boats
This boat needs cosmetic project guy. Exterior is not to my liking but I would have got an vehicle wrap for that. - gelcoat faded, I dont know how to rub it out, oh $hit, a vehicle wrap would cost $2000+
The part I could not do was the need for seat cushions replacement. All structure is fine. As window was missing some furry characters took residence until they were evicted. Guess the barn was not sealed. Seats and exterior need help. Honestly haven't looked at this much as this was past my project wants these days.- seat wood is rotted, side window is missing and I'm too cheap to have a new one cut, Aren't all barns sealed??? seat and exterior are trashed, ignore the beer bottle caps
Vent windows need replacement
Canvas top still ok- canvas looks good if you dont look thru it
Had sound system complete with Phoenix gold 5 channel amp.- The whole sound system was from Walmart.

350 Motor was pulled and rebuilt by longtime Mechanic and Big 3 Engineer. Was designed to operate for our Put in Bay runs across Erie. 2 hours at 5000 RPM- The "engineer" said I dont need a oil cooler and that it would just restrict the oil pressure
383 motor with aluminum LT1 heads that were polished to match intake and aftermarket marine exhaust manifolds. Arn't factory center rise manifolds considered aftermarket if they are connected to thru hull tips???
For the history the Quadrajet carb remains and intake was custom built and polished for better flow.- a satin aluminum intake is polished on the inside, right????
Upgraded ignition. - Accel spark plug wires
Upgraded air spark aerator.- I cleaned it
Reinforced engine mounts.- the mechanic used longer lag screws to bolt the pedestal mounts down
Motor had some ring blow by and we understand that to be from ring gap but never cause an issue other than a good reason to check the oil. Ran it 3 years ago but never used it. -"Marine mechanic" wasnt really a marine mechanic, he just said he built a boat engine once, and he worked at a dealership for 3 months, he didnt really know how to build a boat engine and installed the chrome rings as is out of the box. His buddy said it would be fine and that blowby was normal for NA engines.
Alpha 1 which can handle 400 hp and motor was designed to stay under that limit. Drive shower and labed SS prop included.- I read it on the internet that the alpha 1 can handle that, so it must be true. I labbed the prop myself with some scothbright
Motor was started a few years back when a coworker wantes a project then he had another kid. Project done. Now he moved and I just boat a new fishing boat.- I cant afford the maintenance or the fuel for a boat like this.

Trailer is an EZ loader that always had bearing maintenance and new tires before it was stored. - tires are rotted and sidewalls cracked.

As noted this was a boat I used back in the fun days. Would cruise 40 in 4 foot waves easily. I am just hoping to find a project person that want to bring it back to life. Value of parts is what I am basically looking for. Have to get some new items for my fishing boat. Willing to answer any questions. Realize this is not for everyone. - we beat the piss out of it. I broke the rotted seats when we were in lake Erie once trying to do 40 in 4's. But dam that load in my pants stunk when we came off the last 4"r. ( I cried for mama when we were airborne)
Oh man that’s funny. “The fo shizzle”. Pure gold there
Old 12-19-2017, 06:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rak rua

RR
I don't know just how rare it is but in that condition I have to think this is either a joke or there are 2 extra zeros in the price!
Old 12-19-2017, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

The 1967 Donzi Hornet ad says...its a True American "mussel" boat! Maybe that is why its worth so much?

John
Old 12-19-2017, 10:26 AM
Registered

All of our boats around the Great Lakes are "mussel boats!"
Old 12-20-2017, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Not Craigslist but easily could have been. I'm digging the skeg.

1995 Wellcraft Scarab powerboat for sale in California
Old 12-20-2017, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 829 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Not Craigslist but easily could have been. I'm digging the skeg.

1995 Wellcraft Scarab powerboat for sale in California
looks like he had the lower unit blue printed as well, so that’s gotta be worth another 2 grand...
Old 12-20-2017, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 460 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua

RR
clicked the link and at the bottom it says "if you find any for sale at $9,000. please call me , this is not a typo.

i'm in for 500 bucks if i could borrow / rent a trailer to get it down here and into storage.
900 if he threw in the trailer along with any and all parts he has for the boat. (and those parts are worth it)
it could get down here some kinda way.

and if it was mine and worth 90 grand (in it's present condition) it wouldn't be left outside under a pine tree

edit in, just saved and zoomed in the pics, i'll go 500 for the boat all parts and the trailer.

Last edited by outonsafari; 12-20-2017 at 02:36 PM. Reason: price

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.