Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Its Not Good Business To Do Business With HTM (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/31445-its-not-good-business-do-business-htm.html)

ROCK STAR 08-21-2002 11:11 PM

Its Not Good Business To Do Business With HTM

HIGH TORQUE MARINE WILL NOT RETURN MY DEPOSIT, THEY HAVE HAD FOR OVER A YEAR. I HAVE TAKEN THEM TO COURT AND WON A JUDGMENT, YET HIGH TORQUE MARINE STILL REFUSES TO COMPLY WITH THE JUDGES DECISION.

ITS WAS ONLY $2000.00 , NOW ITS OVER THAT WITH COURT COST AND DAILY INTEREST.

IT DOES NOT APPEAR THAT THEY CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS OR OUR JUDICIAL SYSTEM. I WOULD NOT GIVE THEM A PENNY IF THATS THE WAY THEY ARE GOING TO TREAT THEIR CUTOMERS.

Playn 08-21-2002 11:25 PM

Rockstar,

It is frustrating when we as consumers feel we are not getting the treatment we deserve from companies, however in the case of this thread you just started (your first post on the board) more specific details are in order.

OkieTunnel 08-21-2002 11:36 PM

I agree. HTM has been rocked this year by tragedy almost unimaginable. :(

ROCK STAR 08-21-2002 11:41 PM

DEPOSIT

I FELT COMPELLED TO SPEAK OUT ONLY AFTER EVER OPPORTUNITY FOR THE CO. TO DO THE RIGHT THING.

I THINK ITS PRETTY SIMPLE. I GAVE THEM A $2000.00 DEPOSIT TO BE IN LINE FOR PRODUCTION. I CHANGED MY MIND, ASKED FOR MY MONEY BACK. THEY REFUSED. I TOOK THEM TO COURT AND I WON.

PAY UP AND MOVE ON I DONT UNDERSTAND. IS $2300.00 GOING TO PUT HIGH TORQUE MARINE OUT OF BUSINESS?

R Addiction 08-21-2002 11:57 PM

Probably!!:rolleyes:

Playn 08-22-2002 12:06 AM

If you have won a judgement that has not been paid you can get a Judgement collection company that will collect. They can seize property, garnish wages and such for a % of the judgement (probably 40 - 50% of the amount collected)

ROCK STAR 08-22-2002 12:08 AM

R ADDICTION,

IM PRETTY EASY GOING I WOULD EVEN SETTLE FOR A PART, LIKE A NEW HP GIMBAL, SOMETHING THEY MIGHT HAVE LYING AROUND.

R Addiction 08-22-2002 12:11 AM

AGREED! Anything! Anything GREEN would be even nicer, with presidents on them.;)

X-Rated30 08-22-2002 12:20 AM

I don't get it. You put up a deposit to secure your place in the production que. You changed your mind. The company did their part. Why did you think you were putting up the money? To show them you had it? You breached the contract here.

Am I missing something??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Audiofn 08-22-2002 12:23 AM

KaamaScarab that is what I thought. HOWEVER I guess the courts saw it differently and that I all that matters. I am sure there was some back out stipulation in the contract that was signed or something? Obviouly we may never know. The courts did get to find out however and they sided with him so he should get paid I guess.

Jon