Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Countdown To Sarasota: Snowy Mountain Brewery Out >

Countdown To Sarasota: Snowy Mountain Brewery Out

Notices

Countdown To Sarasota: Snowy Mountain Brewery Out

Old 07-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't you guys cheat too? Could not resist.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

NOT!!! As I recall your guys tore down our engine and found different lifters and non Mercury pushrods that were the same length as stock, but disqualified the boat even thought they were NON PERFORMANCE GAIN parts. Guess you APBA boys could not stand the fact that they were OUTDROVE by Ben Robertson and an SBI boat. I often wondered why the results of the teardown were never published. Must have been too embarrassed to put into print. And remember we were not in the boat.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:21 PM
Registered

OH forgot, a melling oil pump, not a Mercury. Since the engine builder was in a pinch and could not wait for Mercury, he installed what he had to get it finished for the next race. Once again, non performance gaining parts. The other engine was Mercury all the way. Just happened to pull the rebuilt one.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:53 PM
Registered

Roger, it was 13 years ago and I was just busting your balls, but as you point out the engine we tore down was full of non-stock, non-approved parts, that were used without permission in a class where the rules strictly prohibited that conduct. Yeah, it was APBA's fault, and we were scared of Benny Robertson, and embarrassed to publish the results, and the cow jumped over the moon, which is made out of cheese btw, and oh, we all voted for Obama...twice.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow...glad I only participate in Poker Races!
Old 07-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Might as well put them all in boring identical boats, chit paint them the same also and even include some pit stops....
Old 07-02-2014, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Might as well put them all in boring identical boats, chit paint them the same also and even include some pit stops....
and this is the start of "Offshore IROC" which really won't be run very far offshore.. or maybe on an inland lake...
Old 07-02-2014, 10:39 AM
Registered

Thanks for bustin my balls, but as far as I know we ran under the rules and that is a spot on our reputation that still itches. Sorry, no hard feelings. After seeing the race on video and had never met Ben Robertson, my first impression was that man can drive a boat. All of the non-approved parts within that engine David and I were unaware of until after the inspection and we contacted Joey G. and he then told us what he had done. So, as far as us cheating, busting our balls or not, hits a soft spot. Please accept my apology for any insults. Roger A.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:53 AM
Registered

Roger seriously, no need to apologize for anything. You did not insult me and I never take any of this personally. You can't. I was just just bustin' on you. It was actually 15 years ago - can you believe that? But still, I saw the shot and had to take it!
Old 07-02-2014, 10:56 AM
Registered

maybe all things should be equalled ...........hence the mess the country is in ..........are all lawyers equal??? I think not some will do anything to win

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.