Notices

Going to Court!

Old 08-22-2002, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"What we have here is a lack of respect for the Law!"

Go get them Chad.

It's rediculious! Let us know what happens.

Good luck.
Attached Images  
Old 08-22-2002, 09:38 AM
CRUBOSS

SOME PEOPLE HAVE TO TRY TO JUSTIFY THE MONEY THEY MAKE.... SOUNDS LIKE BARNEY HAD HIS SINGLE SHOT READY TO GO...

Old 08-22-2002, 10:11 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts
Cool

I think it would be the bennefit to all boaters to at the very least carry a dissposable camera onboard to take pics of how things can go wrong. I'm not saying carry it just for these types of incidents, But in this case i think it would have helped you a great deal more in court if you could show them how the test was done and prove he did it wrong.....cause the way i see it, its your word against his at this point!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-22-2002, 10:13 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Hey MIdnightRider, maybe you should go and get a "real" noise test done properly and go to court with it showing them you are legal. I think that right there would make them look foolish!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-22-2002, 11:19 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I always have our video camera with us so if that ever happend
to me, the girlfriend would tape the whole thing, they will ask u not to tape them, but u have every right to do so, no different than the camera's in the patrol cars, at least have a still camera on board do u can show the judge how far the meter was from the exhaust.
Old 08-22-2002, 12:59 PM
Registered

mid...

I'd go and do a test per the spec. (regardless of how unreasonable it is) if you are actually legal, then you will show confidence in the courtroom. if not, it will bite you because next time will be R&R, ( and you don't want to slow your boat down with muffler's do you?) third and you will be banned from area, and significant fines. Dale K. with blown 540's and dry exhaust has had the privelage of leaving the Grandhaven area and has been kicked out of one Muskegon marina too.

I'm all for the noise. it's cool, but the GH cops will have you marked soon. Just use calm, cool, factual statements at the hearing.

good luck. tell us the resutls
Old 08-22-2002, 01:11 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually Dale has one 565 and one 572 if you want to get technical.

Chad, do the test yourself first. Dale has a db meter, so if you need to borrow one I'm sure he'd help you out. And having been tied up right behind you on the wall when you fired up, you are probably illegal with two running, but if the officer performed the test incorrectly, and you can prove it you should be able to get out of it. Did you take pictures while he was doing it???
Old 08-22-2002, 06:22 PM
Registered

Default I have one of those

I got a Noise ticket in my boat a few years ago. It was WELL over the db's and I knew it. The ticket was issued for NO MUFFLERS not the db level. I also had only 1 motor (of 2) RUNNING and was in my Canal when I was stopped and cited. Here in Mi it states that ALL motors are to be running when testing.as this is how you boat is designed to run. The reason for your SS # is there is a spot on the ticket for it. Again I have been on both side of the law although I have never written a ticket for Noise. I got mine because a neighbor *****ed about all the loud boats in HIS canal. But now he is less likely to complain.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:18 PM
Goody76

I agree I have no respect for cops. I work for the power company as an emergency responeder/troubleshooter, I was on my way to a 911 pole on fire and wires down in the next town and was traveling 45mph down a road that was 45mph when the traffic light changed yellow. I made a judgement call that I could not stop a 45,000 lb truck in time so as I was going through the light it changed red and I saw the cop sitting at the light to make a right. He pulled more over down the road and gave me a bunch of ****. I told him my sitituation and his respones was I don't care you people think you are God and can get away with anything. He gave me two tickets faliure to yeild to traffic device, and careless driving which I later beat in court but had to pay the fine plus court cost no points so I figured that was the best I was going to do. The fines were $150 each ticket plus $100 court costs and the total package was doubled because of my CDL.! $800 altogether for those fat lazy donught eating pigs.

The kicker is my brother in law who is a town cop even admitted at dinnere one night that if he pulls someone over on suspecion and can't find anything to support his call, to cover his own ass he has a small nickle bag or dime bag that is given to them by his superior to throw in the car!!! Now I know we all suspect it but coming straight from the mouth!!! Needless to say dinner didn't go over to good that night.

Get a life guys just cause you got your a$$ kicked in grade school let it go!!!

Old 08-22-2002, 08:38 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Goody76
I agree I have no respect for cops. I work for the power company as an emergency responeder/troubleshooter, I was on my way to a 911 pole on fire and wires down in the next town and was traveling 45mph down a road that was 45mph when the traffic light changed yellow. I made a judgement call that I could not stop a 45,000 lb truck in time so as I was going through the light it changed red and I saw the cop sitting at the light to make a right. He pulled more over down the road and gave me a bunch of ****. I told him my sitituation and his respones was I don't care you people think you are God and can get away with anything. He gave me two tickets faliure to yeild to traffic device, and careless driving which I later beat in court but had to pay the fine plus court cost no points so I figured that was the best I was going to do. The fines were $150 each ticket plus $100 court costs and the total package was doubled because of my CDL.! $800 altogether for those fat lazy donught eating pigs.

The kicker is my brother in law who is a town cop even admitted at dinnere one night that if he pulls someone over on suspecion and can't find anything to support his call, to cover his own ass he has a small nickle bag or dime bag that is given to them by his superior to throw in the car!!! Now I know we all suspect it but coming straight from the mouth!!! Needless to say dinner didn't go over to good that night.

Get a life guys just cause you got your a$$ kicked in grade school let it go!!!
Thankfully the vast majority of law enforcement officers are good people...but quite frankly your brother-in-law belongs behind bars. He brings discrace to the profession

Quick Reply: Going to Court!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.