Do these look like merc. 540 bulldogs? >

Do these look like merc. 540 bulldogs?

Notices

Do these look like merc. 540 bulldogs?

Old 07-01-2014, 02:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 370 Likes on 137 Posts

the 540 bull dog was a tall deck motor and they all had black intake manifolds. the exhaust has been changed to imco powerflow's which is not a good choice because the riser is too short.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me and a buddy went and looked at this boat when he was shopping last fall. The broker new nothing about the boat, and wasn't much help. He literally didn't have an answer to any of our questions. The cuddy carpet was very wet, alot of condensation in the cuddy, and there was a paint job done on it supposedly and it looks pretty bad. The listing price then was $59,999.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 251 Likes on 100 Posts

that's the roughest looking 94 hour set of motors ive ever seen. and really 94 hours? seven a year?
Old 07-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 559 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by ealesh33
Me and a buddy went and looked at this boat when he was shopping last fall. The broker new nothing about the boat, and wasn't much help. He literally didn't have an answer to any of our questions. The cuddy carpet was very wet, alot of condensation in the cuddy, and there was a paint job done on it supposedly and it looks pretty bad. The listing price then was $59,999.
Don't velocities get gel coat graphics? I wonder what it looked like before.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that looks like a bull dog to me. they had black intakes and and the air cleaners said bulldog on them, they are not easy to come across. if someone was making a clone, they went to a lot of trouble to make them look right. the exhaust would not be my first concern, you could have 25 hrs on the motors and if they didn't flush the motors properly then you will be replacing those as well 10+ yrs later. i'm not sure if they even offered those motors in 01 but they are a very nice merc upgrade