Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Looking for lake George boating info out of state visitor >

Looking for lake George boating info out of state visitor

Notices

Looking for lake George boating info out of state visitor

Old 07-10-2014, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any suggestions on restaurants or bars ?
Old 07-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By boat, The Algonquin in Huddle Bay, Blue Water Manor in Basin Bay (both on west shore in Bolton Landing and I like both) The Boathouse, also on the west shore closer to LG Village. If you go to the village docks and tie up you have several bars and restaurants in the village, none that I can specifically recommend because I don't go into the village. There are also several restaurants in Bolton Landing, they also have a public dock. If you want to make your inspection, permit purchase and launch easy probably Norowal Marina in Bolton Landing is the best bet as they do all there.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was up there last week and hit all the restaurants and bars in LG village. Honestly they are all the same...average. King Neptunes, Christy's, Duffy's, The Boardwalk, Captain Dick's, Shepards Cove would fall into this category. Best meal we had in the village was not actually in the village(opposite way of all the bars/restaurants from the town docks), but at the new Garrison restaurant.

If you are looking for late night King Neptune's usually has the best crowd and entertainment.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:34 PM
Registered

Im heading up this weekend and staying at Marine Village Fri and Sat night and docking the boat there. I usually trailer to Norowal when i go but wondering if there is any place closer i can launch the boat don't need to park the truck i can bring it back to the hotel. Any other suggestions closer to the village?

Hey Matt. Will you be up this weekend? Well be out fri afternoon and all day saturday. plan on being out on the town both nights. Looks like Eric is coming up too. I have a boatload for Saturday!
Old 07-14-2014, 06:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
I was up there last week and hit all the restaurants and bars in LG village. Honestly they are all the same...average. King Neptunes, Christy's, Duffy's, The Boardwalk, Captain Dick's, Shepards Cove would fall into this category. Best meal we had in the village was not actually in the village(opposite way of all the bars/restaurants from the town docks), but at the new Garrison restaurant.

If you are looking for late night King Neptune's usually has the best crowd and entertainment.

Did you order 40 beers and 40 shots at Neptunes???
Old 07-15-2014, 06:04 AM
Registered

dagah2x, Gilchrist Marina in Diamond Point is closer to LG Village than Norowal. Keep in mind however that you need to have the boat inspected at one of the official sites, if you already have your LG permit than you get inspected at the transfer station site and then go up to Gilchrist but if you don't already have your permit you might as well just go up to Norowal where you can get inspected, buy your permit and launch all in one place
Old 07-15-2014, 05:16 PM
Registered

Yeah I didnt know about the inspection until I was researching last night. Maybe ill just go to Norowal and pay to leave the truck there. Less back and forth that way. Gilchristt doesnt sell permits or are you saying that I need to have a permit BEFORE I get the boat inspected?
Old 07-16-2014, 05:23 AM
Registered

Not sure if Gilchrist sells them or not, you could call 518-668-5848 and no you don't have to have permit before inspection
Old 07-31-2014, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just spent a week at lake George camping boating !! The place is amazing ! I need to go back , clean , beautiful , friendly !
Old 07-31-2014, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dagah2x
Did you order 40 beers and 40 shots at Neptunes???
Those days are long gone...thankfully for my liver!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.