S.b.i. And A.p.b.a. One Body >

S.b.i. And A.p.b.a. One Body

Notices

S.b.i. And A.p.b.a. One Body

Old 08-20-2002, 03:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S.b.i. And A.p.b.a. One Body

I'M going to start this thread,but i want ideas not a pissing match between who supports who!!
john and mike need to see the big picture. there are thousands of fans and many racers that are side lined that are tired of the b.s. . The more people i talk with want alot of boats and 5or 6 classes,not 12 with 2 boats in each class. i think we need to go back to the old days with 100 boats,put apba and sbi # together.i guess its a dream,but would be nice.just my thoghts.
even up racing also rules but not overboard.it has to be done for the sport. people need to check there egos or the sport will die. THANK-YOU SCOTT

Last edited by outer42; 08-20-2002 at 03:54 AM.
Old 08-20-2002, 05:09 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HELLO---Scott

MONEY

Mike
Old 08-20-2002, 07:39 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rots of Ruck!!! I'll beleive it when I see it. EVERYONE I have talked with (both racers and fans) agree that their is a "sweet" spot between APBA & SBI. My vote goes to Steve David. Pete

"you can fool the fans, but you can't fool the players"
Old 08-20-2002, 08:00 AM
Registered

Well if the fans go away then something will happen, I don't go to races anymore because of the amount of boats that show up!
Old 08-20-2002, 08:25 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Mike, If you want to SEE boats, go to one of the bigger Poker Runs. It hit me like a BRICK when I went to the NYC Poker Run. AS I walked around the docks the "EYECANDY" was great for a motorhead Like me. It reminded me of the OffShore Racng days of the late 80's. Anyone remember those days BIG boats, BIG power, And BIG sponsors. I have been a Fan since the 70's and have watched the highs & lows of Offshore Racing. You all can decide for yourselfs were the sport is today

Just my .01 worth, but what do I know?

Pete
Old 08-20-2002, 08:52 AM
Registered

Scott,

I like the way you presented this idea. Thisa is a topic that has been discussed here over and over countless times. I hope we can keep it civilized this time. I agree with gmhdfan. I have been following the sport since I was a LITTLE kid. My parents used to take me to the races in the 70's. It was in Atlantic City where I saw the first boat that some 10 years later I would race.

I think many good points have been brought up here so far. There are dozens of factors that play in to the reasons for the two sanctioning bodies. There have been other roganizations that tried to step in and create a "better place" but they have since gone by the wayside. I think these big differences have actually lead to the quick rise in popularity of Poker Runs. Many former racers and current racers alike, in addition to just performance boaters are now taking part in these truly spectacular events.

I would love to see the two come together, and form one unified body and narrow the classes down as well. The idea of checking the egos att eh door is a good one. When egos come together, you usually don't make any headway, whether it is racing or otherwise. Until this happens, I think you will continue to see the popularity of Poker Runs continue to grow and flourish. With organizations like the NJPPC, with OUTSTANDING LEADERSHIP, member participation and support, FRIENDLY competition, how can you go wrong? It would be great to the leadership of the racing organizations follow Dave P's lead in how he runs our club. I only wish I could make more NJPPC events.

With Ted Zoli now involved at APBA I think things at least there will improve. Although we are from teh same area we have yet to meet, however, I have conversed with him elctronically many times and he seems to be a very level headed individual with the sports best interest at heart. I hope you have a long lasting effect Ted. Best of luck.

Shane
Old 08-20-2002, 08:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

One sanctioning body now! I am just a fan and not going to pretend to know all the politics involved. I would like to see many boats and a full day of racing or at least a couple of races. This weekend I drove 4 hours to see a race that lasted about an hour. Sure there are the dry pits, wet pits, parades, awards and all that, but the racing is what I came to see. Personally, I dont give a rats A$$ whether it is SBI or APBA.
Old 08-20-2002, 09:23 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

I flew a 1000 miles to see the race. First SBI race I have been to since it was OPT. All I can say is you gotta like the Muscle team.
Old 08-20-2002, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

We race both APBA,SBI and OPA.beceause we love to race.Its more about location for us with SBI but we will travel to try to win $5,000-$7,000 in APBA.Its all racing at the end of the day but in two totaly differant enviroments.I agree they both need to reduce the # of classes.SBI should just go to P class racing with the # of boats and there tec. rules.At least there would be 5 or more boats in each class.
Randy Typhoon F1-29
Old 08-20-2002, 04:42 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Randy I like that good one

S.b.i. P - class racing

a.p.b.a. nascar

mike

Last edited by Hauling Trash; 08-20-2002 at 04:45 PM.

Quick Reply: S.b.i. And A.p.b.a. One Body

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.